Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you spent £5k on a Rolex Submariner 20 year ago it's probably worth circa £7-8k now.

If you spent £5k on gold 20 year ago (£180 per ounce) it’d now be worth circa £40k (£1500 an ounce).

Reactions: 219
I hear what you re saying but I'm too scared of buying a fake so would prefer an authorised dealer plus I love new shiny stuff and peeling the plastic off.
These guys are very well respected, I almost bought a rose gold AP Royal Oak Offshore from them three year ago and was very impressed with their attentiveness: Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner 14060M. 40mm diameter Stainless Steel case, which is water resistant to 300 meters. Automatic chronometer movement.

These guys are very well respected, I almost bought a rose gold AP Royal Oak Offshore from them three year ago and was very impressed with their attentiveness: Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner 14060M. 40mm diameter Stainless Steel case, which is water resistant to 300 meters. Automatic chronometer movement.
They were the first guys that I looked at when I became aware of the waiting list for new, I just couldn't bring myself to pay more than the new cost for a second hand watch it just doesn't feel right at all.

Incidentally, I called Blowers 7 years ago when I was buying a Breitling and found them incredibly short and a little irritable, maybe my accent was wrong? :)

They were the first guys that I looked at when I became aware of the waiting list for new, I just couldn't bring myself to pay more than the new cost for a second hand watch it just doesn't feel right at all.

Incidentally, I called Blowers 7 years ago when I was buying a Breitling and found them incredibly short and a little irritable, maybe my accent was wrong? :)
Any accent that isn’t Yorkshire or Geordie is wrong so I wouldn’t take it personal 😂

Calling guys "boyo" gets their backs up.

All have is a big letter N on a pink square; it means nothing to me :dk:

Ah..... Yes, I remember the A-Team now. Four ex-military personnel, who were presumably discharged for poor marksmanship. They fired off thousands of rounds every episode, but never hit anybody...

Reactions: 219
Ah..... Yes, I remember the A-Team now. Four ex-military personnel, who were presumably discharged for poor marksmanship. They fired off thousands of rounds every episode, but never hit anybody...

Also in Rocky and DC Cab.
DC Cab was a fun comedy

I hear what you re saying but I'm too scared of buying a fake so would prefer an authorised dealer plus I love new shiny stuff and peeling the plastic off.

You don't even get that pleasure now! Goldsmith policy is to remove the plastics and retain the warranty card for 1 year, providing you with a photocopy in the meantime.
This was in a bid to stop people who managed to get a desirable sports model one new, only to take it home and list it on various sites for several £K more.

I had this view when i put my name on lists for a 116520 Daytona, an unworn grey item was then £1k over list and i wouldnt have paid it, five years later when i got the call the Retail price had risen by 2.5 times the grey margin.
Past performance and all that but Rolex are ruthless with price increases thus protecting the residuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom