Ady's Carlsson Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can say what you like but no self-respecting, late-80s to early-90s "tuned" car would be without a black panel between the tail lamps and you know it! :D

Bang on. My Volvo was white, black filler, raised 'shopping trolley' spoiler, alloys. Much classier than an XR-Free-i

For me I'd raise the exhaust to just under the bumper and keep the wheels silver.

I am going to try and raise the exhaust a bit as it does sit to low. Carbon would be nice expensive though.

I have these to fit too :D

100_1667.jpg

I am going to try and raise the exhaust a bit as it does sit to low.

I had that problem with the AMG rear box I put on my R129 - the tailpipes were designed to exit below a rear skirt ... which my car didn't have.

It wasn't possible to raise the exhaust, so I got a bodyshop to cut the tailpipes off and weld them on higher up (by removing a piece). Wasn't expensive, and looks a LOT better.

before:

pic1.jpg

after:

post1.jpg

I like it but I would probably remove the headlamp wipers and the '300CE-24' badge tp give it a smoother look. BTW did you sandblast the grille and etch prime?

I like it but I would probably remove the headlamp wipers and the '300CE-24' badge tp give it a smoother look. BTW did you sandblast the grille and etch prime?
I was thinking of a face lift as it had that SEC style front when I bought it, but I got that bonnet for £40 and it was already White, bargain!:D
;)

Keep the badge - its MB's longest :D

Not sure about the white nose, but the rest looks great. I saw a white CE cabrio a couple of days ago in North London, Crockett and Tubbs!

Dig out the espadrilles and Sun In :D

Ade

Love it, looks really good.

I was never a fan of white.. but looking at Talbirs white SEC and now this, I think some more classic cars look fantastic in the colour...

The car does look good. The correct wheels really make it too IMO.

Exhaust fitting does need some improvement I agree.

i am willing to turn a blind eye to the grill as you have a mk1 gti bad guys dont drive mk1s:rock:

I just want to add I like the white grill!

ive always hated the carlsson coupes as the kits look rubbish compared to the amg kits but that car looks amazing, stunning and clean, smooth and even the horrible wheels look superb as an all together set

well done

ive always hated the carlsson coupes as the kits look rubbish compared to the amg kits but that car looks amazing, stunning and clean, smooth and even the horrible wheels look superb as an all together set

well done

Thanks I think ;) how many Carlsson Coupes have you seen then? I don't think I've really seen another one :)

Last edited:
Exhaust straightened but not cut into the diffuser. Filler in both black and white. Might look more 80s if the badges were painted black but I can't be bothered to PS it, too much like hard work... ;)

Attachments

• CarlssonMKII009modswhite.jpg
    CarlssonMKII009modswhite.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 44
  • CarlssonMKII009modsblack.jpg
    CarlssonMKII009modsblack.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 43
The exhaust looks better in those PS'ed photos, but I'd go for a white filler panel.
What about a colour coded boot handle? Mind you, that could be too much white on the back..... :)

Darren

The exhaust looks better in those PS'ed photos, but I'd go for a white filler panel.
What about a colour coded boot handle? Mind you, that could be too much white on the back..... :)
The boot handle looks ugly and IIRC is textured so not fit for painting. IMHO it should be chopped down so it's in-line with the bootlid then painted to match the filler!

Following on from that, how about some quad pipes? :) MIЯЯOЯED

5000th post :D

Attachments

• CarlssonMKII009modswhite.jpg
    CarlssonMKII009modswhite.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thanks I think ;) how many Carlsson Coupes have you seen then? I don't think I've really seen another one :)

no its a complement

ebay quiet often has horrible carlssons and ive seen about 4 in the last few years, 2 blue, 1 black and 1 red (convertible)

the ones i saw had not been looked after except the convertible but that was red BRIGHT RED and no w124 looks good in red

no its a complement

ebay quiet often has horrible carlssons and ive seen about 4 in the last few years, 2 blue, 1 black and 1 red (convertible)

the ones i saw had not been looked after except the convertible but that was red BRIGHT RED and no w124 looks good in red
the te looks good in red if the paint is good not milky red

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom