Aerosus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark F6233

Car
R320 CDi
i think the R class may need the front two air bags replacing. I get intermittent situations where the car lowers itself both sides on the front. There is no hissing noise from the bags, and on the occasions I have witnessed it the car does it in a controlled way, almost as if I have told it to lower. It comes back up when the car is started and can then be fine for weeks.

Not wanting to hurt the wallet with MB air springs I have been doing some searching. Most posts say that at 80K plus miles the bags are getting life expired. I found a company on line called Aerosus and the site looks very good. German company selling one replacement part. Full air strut assembly is £378 inc vat and at this price worth a punt and replace both.

Has anybody ever had experience of this company, the reviews look good and they offer a 2 year warranty

Many thanks

Okay, just done some digging on the net, should have done this before asking the question. Anyway looks like the company is crap, products don't last and poor quality.
However a lot of post on the amaerican forum mentions Arnott as a high quality replacement. I have found a company in the U.K. Called cartech one that do Arnott products for a good price.

I just replaced one Miessler brand strut to my W220, only thing I can comment so far is that it gives some clunky noise when driving slowly on bad road, and especially when its cold outside. At least it is fairly priced too.

Remember new Arnotts has no adjustable ADS valve, if it does matter...

Spezialist für Luftfederung KFZ Auto SUV Transporter Ersatzteile airmatic pneumatisches Federsystem,Audi A6 A8 Q7 Mercedes airmatic W211 W220 W221 W215 W216 W218 W251 W164 W166 X164 X166 W230 W906 W638 W639 Porsche Cayenne Panamera Tesla Land Rover Iveco

Okay, just done some digging on the net, should have done this before asking the question. Anyway looks like the company is crap, products don't last and poor quality.
However a lot of post on the amaerican forum mentions Arnott as a high quality replacement. I have found a company in the U.K. Called cartech one that do Arnott products for a good price.

Hi,
I bought and fitted a couple of rear air suspension units for my E Class Estate from Aerosus. That was about 15 months ago and they have been great ever since. Aerosus prices were good, delivery fast and the units looked like they were good quality.
Just trying to bring a bit of balance to the discussion.
I have no connection to the company apart from being a satisfied customer.

Hi,
I bought and fitted a couple of rear air suspension units for my E Class Estate from Aerosus. That was about 15 months ago and they have been great ever since. Aerosus prices were good, delivery fast and the units looked like they were good quality.
Just trying to bring a bit of balance to the discussion.
I have no connection to the company apart from being a satisfied customer.

Thank you for this, looking on trustpiolt there are some bad reviews mainly about the quality of the parts. I did wonder if this was the case as there is such a big difference in price.

I bought an air suspension pump from Aerosus, identical to the pump fitted at the factory when the car was built, at a great price, super fast delivery, and very helpful. Based upon my experience I'm surprised you've found so much negative information.

I bought an air suspension pump from Aerosus, identical to the pump fitted at the factory when the car was built, at a great price, super fast delivery, and very helpful. Based upon my experience I'm surprised you've found so much negative information.

I must admit most are positive but the negative ones did have me worried, one even had a bag explode shortly after it was fitted and damaged the car.

I am just guessing from other post after doing a net surch that it's the bags. I take it there is some sort of control unit for the front as it's strange. I witnessed it actually doing it at the weekend and only after 4 plus hrs whilst washing and polishing the car. It drops in what I would say is a controlled way rather than a air leak. You can hear what sounds like a valve opening and the car goes down slow but in a controlled way and level, both sides drop by the same amount. Starting the car you get th please wait message and up it comes.
It can go weeks and be fine then for no reason it's has this fit.
This is what makes me think it's more of a control unit.
Any suggestions.

I am just guessing from other post after doing a net surch that it's the bags. I take it there is some sort of control unit for the front as it's strange. I witnessed it actually doing it at the weekend and only after 4 plus hrs whilst washing and polishing the car. It drops in what I would say is a controlled way rather than a air leak. You can hear what sounds like a valve opening and the car goes down slow but in a controlled way and level, both sides drop by the same amount. Starting the car you get th please wait message and up it comes.
It can go weeks and be fine then for no reason it's has this fit.
This is what makes me think it's more of a control unit.
Any suggestions.

I'd say you were spot on. If both sides drop at the same rate at the same time, either both have exactly the same fault, which developed at the same time, or they are almost certainly not faulty.

Well the issue is happening a lot more now. The fact that it's both sides and on the odd time I have spotted it doing it I would say it's controlled lowering rather than a leak. The car looks like a dragster with its front end sitting on the ground. I think I can rule out the bags themselves and look at the control system. I have yet to read the document that was posted above but will do later. Anybody any ideas before I go and spend a big sum with the indi.

When my W220 front strut was leaking in gold conditions, both fronts were down in the morning...
SDS can perfrom about 10 different pneumatic test...

Well the issue is happening a lot more now. The fact that it's both sides and on the odd time I have spotted it doing it I would say it's controlled lowering rather than a leak. The car looks like a dragster with its front end sitting on the ground. I think I can rule out the bags themselves and look at the control system. I have yet to read the document that was posted above but will do later. Anybody any ideas before I go and spend a big sum with the indi.

A star test will reveal whether the pump is knackered or you have leaking valves/airbags. Well worth the money for a correct diagnosis.

The Aerosus bags are ok, the struts are crap, banging at low speeds. Of course, you can remove them and send them back to Germany to be "investigated". However, they are less than half the price of proper Merc ones. I guess, you get what you pay for.

The Aerosus bags are ok, the struts are crap, banging at low speeds. Of course, you can remove them and send them back to Germany to be "investigated". However, they are less than half the price of proper Merc ones. I guess, you get what you pay for.

Thank you for this, in this case if using this company just use the bags.

A star test will reveal whether the pump is knackered or you have leaking valves/airbags. Well worth the money for a correct diagnosis.

Agree, think it's time to take to indi and get them to investigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom