After a project! £2500 budget?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
Right I'm after a little project nothing where it's actually rotten but something rare/ interesting. E36 estates, w126 sec's or short wheel base w126 se. SL's etc Or anything else really interesting? Even a clean car I can just bring up to immaculate would be good!

Anybody got anything? Looking to spend anywhere up to £2500 but maybe a tad more for the right car. Suggest away!

Got a 1991 124 300 24v CE I keep meaning to put back on the road. Needs a front screen and a middle box to get it past MoT. 115373k on the clock. It has service history and has been SORN with me for two years.

Reg No is MBZ 1940. Number of former keepers 7 and me.

There is 5 years of service history missing between 2006 and 2011 it did 8500 miles in those years.

Needs a battery and I'm guessing brake pipes but run of the mill stuff should sort it.

Original number was H788 YUV. As you can probably tell Im just leafing through the history file now.

Wings are OK, rubber is cheap ****e put on by last owner but 15 hole alloys which dont need a refurb, unless you are dead picky - think there are five alloys. Has cruise and electric seats no aircon. Seat belt butlers have an attitude at times but work when they want to. Leather interior of course. Music system is not original but its there. Some plonker has cut holes in the rear parcel shelf and put bigger speakers in - but they are mostly hidden under the rear head rests. Pictures if you want them I could do next week.

Got a 1991 124 300 24v CE I keep meaning to put back on the road. Needs a front screen and a middle box to get it past MoT. 115373k on the clock. It has service history and has been SORN with me for two years.

Reg No is MBZ 1940. Number of former keepers 7 and me.

My favourite Merc the CE 24v. Pictures please!

trapperjohn said:
Got a 1991 124 300 24v CE I keep meaning to put back on the road. Needs a front screen and a middle box to get it past MoT. 115373k on the clock. It has service history and has been SORN with me for two years. Reg No is MBZ 1940. Number of former keepers 7 and me.

Thanks John, a lovely car by all accounts but isn't quite what I'm after. Thanks for the offer though!

What do people think of this?
eBay item no: 321521542265

How much of a budget have you got in total?

What do people think of this?
eBay item no: 321521542265

Looks nice at first glance but it depends on how far you can take it restoration wise.

The 126 can rust a fair bit in places. Check out the rear parcel shelf/boot seal area - I bet it's completely rotten!

Having said that, it sounds like a reasonable and honest car/advert. Just go in expecting to spend £5k and if you spend half that you're laughing :)

Ive got 2 W126's a 420se Lovely old V8) and a 300se, both projects really but very solid cars and worth while projects. They both start and drive fine and where in daily use until a couple of months ago.

Being realistic i'm probably never going to get around to doing anything with them or using them again.

To a good home they are priced well under your budget!

Hi I have a c36 amg in a decent nick if if you intrested you welcome to have a look at it! :thumb:

John Jones Jr said:
How much of a budget have you got in total?

No exact budget really, just sensible in terms of I'd do most of the prep work myself but paintwork would be done at a good body shop etc

Will said:
Looks nice at first glance but it depends on how far you can take it restoration wise. The 126 can rust a fair bit in places. Check out the rear parcel shelf/boot seal area - I bet it's completely rotten! Having said that, it sounds like a reasonable and honest car/advert. Just go in expecting to spend £5k and if you spend half that you're laughing :)

Thanks useful to know! That's what I was expecting to be honest.

jamesfuller said:
Ive got 2 W126's a 420se Lovely old V8) and a 300se, both projects really but very solid cars and worth while projects. They both start and drive fine and where in daily use until a couple of months ago. Being realistic i'm probably never going to get around to doing anything with them or using them again. http://s809.photobucket.com/user/jamesfuller191/media/Mercedes stuff/DSCN0037_zpsf798f529.jpg.html http://s809.photobucket.com/user/jamesfuller191/media/Mercedes stuff/DSCN0008_zps36720399.jpg.html To a good home they are priced well under your budget!

Pm'd

I'm throwing this in. Looks like a nice SL in a good colour scheme with nice leather and the hardtop included. Bit more money than your budget but as its heading for winter i reckon they'd take a bid to shift it out of stock. It will be then be a fully usable from day and you can lightly restore any bits as you go.

Mercedes-Benz 500 SL 2dr Auto

media

^^THAT looks like a very nice car :cool: :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom