After an EPC screenshot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Can someone do me a favour and send me a EPC screenshot of the exhaust system of a 230 CE please?

What I need is two screenshots, One Pre-CAT (I guess 1990 and earlier and one with CAT 1991 and later.

My original exhaust system is currently emitting a death rattle (after 14 years) and I refuse to have to buy a new CAT for it so I need to know which bits are interchangeable etc.

this is what you have on a pre 09/89 w124 230CE

Attachments

• diagramspike1.jpg
    diagramspike1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 110
This is the post 09/89 diagram, page 1

Attachments

• diagramspike2.jpg
    diagramspike2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 106
page 2

Attachments

• diagramspike3.jpg
    diagramspike3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 104
Shude

Could you show the epc of the steering rack of a 98 210 TD Estate with parameter, showing the track rod ends etc

Thanks

230K said:
Could you show the epc of the steering rack of a 98 210 TD Estate with parameter, showing the track rod ends etc
If such a page or diagram exists I will try to post it later :)

Shude

Thanks in advance, i want to see the inner balljoint on the steering rack, i am told it is replacable, the one under the rubber gaiter.

Thanks for that Shude... most appreciated :)

Looks like it can be done, but the front and middle section will need to be changed - but interestingly, both types appear to have a lambda sensor fitted.

Still its gotto be cheaper than having to get the one with the cat.

There are 2 more pages of later exhaust bits but I assumed they were of no use to you, page 3 was M103 and M104 I think (6cyl?) and page 4 was shielding.
Sp!ke said:
Still its gotto be cheaper than having to get the one with the cat.
Would it still pass an MOT without the catalytic converter? Do they even check on the test?

Shude said:
There are 2 more pages of later exhaust bits but I assumed they were of no use to you, page 3 was M103 and M104 I think (6cyl?) and page 4 was shielding.

Would it still pass an MOT without the catalytic converter? Do they even check on the test?

IIRC Before 1992 vehicles were not required to have a cat fitted - and this is reflected in the MOT test.

If the vehicle does not need a cat I believe you are allowed to remove it - it must still pass the emissions levels though.

I may well be wrong here, but I am sure someone mentioned that some vehicles (which should have a cat fitted) can pass the cat-specific emissions test without having the cat fitted (obviously an engine in tip-top condition running perfectly!) as long as the emissions are within range?

I think there are quite a few cars that were fitted with cats before the requirements came into force, Mercedes included.

HTH, :)

Will

230K said:
Shude

Thanks

210steering.jpg

part 35?
210 338 04 15 my epc says 150 dollars :eek:

Hi

Thanks part ordered £35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom