AFTER I HAVE CLAY BARED IT...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luton Town

Car
A45 and loving it.
Hi again.I am going to be picking up my brand new car this week and I am going to use BiltHamber soft clay and clay it,what should I do next?Do I use BH cleanser polish and then maybe follow up with the BH FINIS WAX? are these really good products or should I be looking at something else,getting a met black e coupe.Thanks.

After the clay (or probably before) you might want to consider something like IronX to remove brake dust contamination before claying. Then a wash, decent polish (3M perfectit is what I use) followed by a decent wax - and start that discussion and you'll find it's like a "best oil thread" Personal preference is AG HD, but seeing the posts about their new super HD I might be tempted to try that!

Detailing world forums are a good source of info.. it could go horribly wrong if you don't have alot of experience refining and making the car "pop".. I used to have the time to spend hours cleaning cars.... and spent many hours looking at processes it's like another world!

Beware detailing world - you're allowed to post threads about success, but not about when it goes wrong. My 968 cab was butchered by a detailer who posts on detailing world, when I posted a completely factual thread about the problem it was taken down very quickly. OK, it's a decent source about "how to", but beware reommendations about detailers!

After the clay (or probably before) you might want to consider something like IronX to remove brake dust contamination before claying. Then a wash, decent polish (3M perfectit is what I use) followed by a decent wax - and start that discussion and you'll find it's like a "best oil thread" Personal preference is AG HD, but seeing the posts about their new super HD I might be tempted to try that!
As it will be new would it be best to iron x I instead of claying it as you say? Do I have to use a certain shampoo to get rid of any dealer showroom waxes/oils etc first,many thanks.Rob.

Would it really need a proper clay bar treatment, iron X, 3M machine polish etc on a brand new car? I appreciate some new cars may be ‘contaminated’ but how far do you want to go?

Unless this was for some high-end exotica/show car etc surely just a good wash and maybe light prep with a clay mitt would be sufficient for a coat of wax or whatever the OP wants to use? :)

If you’re using the BH wax, I’d follow their own recommendations.

At the end of the day, detailing can become a bit of a black hole (no pun intended!), I’d just get a coat of wax on in and drive it for now. It’s dark by 4pm, and cold most of the time. Get it waxed and then do the full detail process in the spring - it’ll be caked in road salt and everything else by then! :doh:

On a new car I'd be tempted to just give it to a recommended detailer and get it ceramic coated to be honest.

It may or may not need claying, depends on how long it's been stood and where, but any decent detailer (ideally not a man with a van) will assess what it needs and treat it accordingly.

Not the cheapest method of doing it but it will save you hours of deliberating over which products to use, how to apply them and then worrying if they're all compatible and will affect the finish.

For a fairly basic detail OP, giving the car a clay, polish and wax will leave the car looking good and the paint protected. I don't see any harm in doing that.

You can use a fallout remover like Iron-X but your original plan isn't too bad. :)

I won’t teach to suck eggs but seeing as nobody has pointed it out, wash it thoroughly first!

As above tar remover, then iron x, then after you’re sure it’s absolutely sparkling then clay

I personally do wheels, then snowfoam, handwash, tar, iron x, Clay, rinse and apply gyeon wet coat then rinse again. I’m too lazy to work in a polish :rock:

Thanks guys for all your advise.Picking car up today(yayyyy!!) and I think I am going to give it a proper 2 bucket wash,tar removal(suppose that will be hard to see on a black car??)rinse then Auto Finesse iron out(I have been to Halfords today!!) Poss clay it,polish and then as my neighbour swears by it, seal in with Reload by car pro,sound about right? Thanks again for all who have replied.Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom