After Market Upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2pak

Car
c class
Hi Guys

Just bought a 62 plate C180 Auto AMG Sport. My first Merc and I love it! I had a few options in mind when I was looking, however I got the deal as it was a stock car, so my hands were tied on some of the options.

What I really want is to add the following, and was wondering if it was possible as an aftermarket upgrade or just not possible?

- Interior Light Package
- Privacy Glass

Can I do this on the new C Coupe through Mercedes? Does anyone know what the prices would be ?

Thanks

Privacy glass is easy. Lots of outfits do it, but I personally would only go to Pentagon. For rear half of the car it's about £300 or so.

Interior lights can almost certainly be retrofitted but might take more time to research unless you can find someone who's done it. Lots of time spent with EPC and WIS and you'll work it out I'm sure.

I thought of doing something similar when I first bought my car a number of years ago now. It wasn't new but almost. But it didn't come with some of the goodies I was hoping for.

Don't be surprised if the upgrade prices seem a little on the high side. I once enquired about getting folding mirrors added to my car.

The price I was quoted was £800 for the parts and fitted. The MB optional price if selected at the time of ordering a new car was only £145.

Last edited:
wow that's a huge jump. I'll phone MB and see how much the price is for adding the Interior Light Package.

I got both my C-Class's tinted, was a simply job and didn't cost too much.
What area do you live in? I would recommend the guy who did my tinting.
Unless you have already found someone.

I live in West London. Closest Mercedes is the Brentford one.
Is Privacy Glass different to Windows Tinting?

It's the same thing.

Privacy Glass is usually what it's called on a new car option list, when the rear half of the car is tinted in a dark (black) tint. This is illegal on the front half of the car.

You'll find that almost all (if not all) new-ish cars have tinted glass even on the front side windowns, either brown, green or blue.

I would look (no pun intended) at the depth/darkness of tint before getting it done.

I had a Volvo V70R that was very darkly tinted. Looked great. But..... A nightmare to live with and see out of. Especially reversing.

Get the compromise right and its great!

I live in West London. Closest Mercedes is the Brentford one.
Is Privacy Glass different to Windows Tinting?

Privacy glass and tinting is the same thing, if you are interested in getting your car tinted, I can give you the guys details.

The details are
Tinta glass tinting
Mobile Car Window Tinting
Tel: 07973959933

I paid £200 to get my rear glass done with 20% darkness, the tint film has a security film, which he also puts on the driver and passenger window. It has a very light tint which is not noticeable.

He doesn't take out any of the door panels, he does a really professional job, like I said before he's done both my C-Classes.

The details are
Tinta glass tinting
Mobile Car Window Tinting
Tel: 07973959933

I paid £200 to get my rear glass done with 20% darkness, the tint film has a security film, which he also puts on the driver and passenger window. It has a very light tint which is not noticeable.

He doesn't take out any of the door panels, he does a really professional job, like I said before he's done both my C-Classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom