"AFTER START" trip reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard Mason

Car
C 220 CDi
Hi all,

Just recently purchased 01 reg C220 CDi and was wondering how long it is that the "After Start" trip reading resets itself after switching off ignition?

Thanks...new member. Great reading all your questions and replys.

Hi all,

Just recently purchased 01 reg C220 CDi and was wondering how long it is that the "After Start" trip reading resets itself after switching off ignition?

Thanks...new member. Great reading all your questions and replys.

4 hours

But you can reset it by pushing the button for about three seconds.

But you can reset it by pushing the button for about three seconds.

I know - but sometimes I'd like to know my total daily mileage without having to disturb the other trip. It does irk me that MB decide how I can monitor mileage! But no biggie.

Thanks all

Not on mine. It restarts pretty quickly after turning the engine off. I have to use the R button to retain it, even after only a few minutes of having been switched off, otherwise it will reset to 0.

Ibut sometimes I'd like to know my total daily mileage without having to disturb the other trip. It does irk me that MB decide how I can monitor mileage!

Don't know about the W211, but on my W220, I have in fact three different counters:

1. On the system with the total mileage, there is a trip counter, like the one on this webpage:

w22020dash.jpg

(Not my car ;)).

Then, on the trip computer system, there are the two others: (a) After start and (b) after reset.

These three all work independently on my car, i.e. I can reset them separately.

Don't know about the W211, but on my W220, I have in fact three different counters:

1. On the system with the total mileage, there is a trip counter, like the one on this webpage:

(Not my car ;)).

Then, on the trip computer system, there are the two others: (a) After start and (b) after reset.

Nothing like this on the W211 (and W203/W245) Thanks anyway

w22020dash.jpg

(Not my car ;)).

Thats exactly how its been since the W210 facelift. The after start option gets retained for 4 hours after turning the ignition off. If you jump back before the 4 hours it goes on where it left off. After the 4 hours it goes back to zero and starts to count down with the MPG.

I happens on my C class too. No activity for about 4 hours = after start reset.

Doubt this will happen on all models though.

Well, of course the "after start" reset itself, would be a bit pointless otherwise. The point I was trying to make is that mine does not delay this reset for 4 hours. It resets the after start minutes after the engine has been turned off.

Well, of course the "after start" reset itself, would be a bit pointless otherwise. The point I was trying to make is that mine does not delay this reset for 4 hours. It resets the after start minutes after the engine has been turned off.

lol and I was just backing up you and the OP with my findings :D :D :D

Nothing like this on the W211 (and W203/W245) Thanks anyway

But it is exactly like that on the W211. The trip mileage (which is just above the total mileage on the speedometer display) is always visible and can be reset at any time except if one of the following is being shown.

The After Start and Since Last Reset displays are brought up by the steering wheel button and can be reset (by the reset button) only when they are visible.

This gives you three separate trip mileometer readings.

It resets the after start minutes after the engine has been turned off.

Actually, that was not exactly accurate, although close :devil:.

Right, what happens on mine is that when you start the engine again, the "after start" counter will blink for 2 minutes after starting or until 1 mile has been covered, whatever comes first, and then reset the after start to 0, unless within the 2 minutes/1 mile you have pressed the R button, in which case the counter will not reset and the after start will just continue where it was when you turned it off.

I've actually used this a number of times, so you would have thought I would have remembered properly. :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom