Aftermarket Batwing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I guess that's the £561 + £170+ for an hour's labour?

Not if it's £468+VAT it's not.

It would be £468+VAT (£561.60) plus £288+VAT (£345.60) labour!!!

Could they really have charged you 2 hours labour, for such a job?? Unbelievable... they charged my OAP dad an hour's labour just to switch over the orange main turbo seal, so anything's possible...

Also to answer my own question from earlier, the foam engine 'protectors' are about £30 each, one for each side. I nearly ordered them as mine as cracked etc but decided against paying £61 for two bits of foam.

Could they really have charged you 2 hours labour, for such a job?? Unbelievable... they charged my OAP dad an hour's labour just to switch over the orange main turbo seal, so anything's possible...

Yep it looks like they have charged 1 1/2 to 2 hours labour if the part price is £468+VAT.

You can't buy the MAFs separately. You can get them out and clean them though yes.

Recon MB batwing: Genuine Mercedes-Benz OM642 Engine Turbo Air Intake With Air Mass A642090823780 758198039509 | eBay
This is an easy DIY to change as long as you have the torx sockets to get one of the airboxes off. 10 min job max.

Luckily I got a refund on my China copy one. Avoid these!

Many thanks to @PhilG for thelink, mine arrived today along with a full oil change kit from mercedes of newcastle, ordered the previous day. Busy weekend for me ;)

Thanks Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom