Aftermarket Chrome Badges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spitfire

Car
C350 Coupe AMG Sport, V6 Petrol
Not something I did recently to be honest, but for a while thought that the right hand side of my boot lid looked a bit 'bare' with the Chrome 'C350' badge on the left hand side looking quite prominent.

Did toy with the idea of putting an 'AMG' badge on the right hand side of the boot lid (after all, Mercedes did officially sell my model as am 'AMG Sport' ....) but decided against that as it definately does not have an AMG engine. Would of been a bit tenuous putting an 'AMG' one on, in truth.

Always thought that the 'V8' badges on the bigger engined Merc's looked quite appropriate, so had a look on Ebay for some 'V6' badges to go with my engine and found some of the correct font size and style, in chrome, to match the standard badging style on my car.

Bought three sets, and put one set on the right rear boot lid, and one set on each front wing just below (and parallel with) the standard 'Blue Efficiency' badges. Finished result is not too obtrusive or out of place, and reasonably discrete, but effective.

The only thing I was not too keen on with the badges I bought was the self adhesive backing on them, looked a bit flimsy to be honest. Removed the self adhesive backing on them and replaced it with a couple of layers of 3M double-sided adhesive taped instead.

;)

That does look quite good. Genuine M-B badges aren't ridiculously expensive: Mercedes chrome self adhesive V6 badge | eBay

Although I guess if you want 3 of them the cost does mount up! I bought one plus a "3.0" for the Vito but never fitted them in the end.

Good call on the AMG badge btw :thumb:

Good call on the AMG badge btw :thumb:

Must admit I was tempted to fit one, but thought better of it in the end! :D

To be honest I have seen some Merc's with AMG badges fitted which are most definately not AMG's, and I suppose if anybody knows anything about the brand it does not look quite right. However, it's a free(ish) country I guess, and anybody can fit any badge they see fit I suppose.

To 99% of the motoring public an AMG badge probably means nothing to them anyway, and they have no idea what it stands for.

:)

Thread revival...:eek:

Ummmm, got me thinking though

Mine was debadged on purchase, but putting V6 on it does tempt me......

Any more recent recommendations (off to look on eBay)

Not sure on the ones on the wings, But the one on the boot looks spot on.

Thread revival...:eek:

Ummmm, got me thinking though

Mine was debadged on purchase, but putting V6 on it does tempt me......

Any more recent recommendations (off to look on eBay)
I'm looking also, gotta be subtle though?

I've spent my 40 year car history removing badges, and then there are other folk slapping them on, takes all sorts LOL

I've spent my 40 year car history removing badges, and then there are other folk slapping them on, takes all sorts LOL
I’ve never been sufficiently embarrassed about my choice of car to attempt to hide its identity.

I’ve never been sufficiently embarrassed about my choice of car to attempt to hide its identity.

It’s nothing to do with embarrassment....

It’s about preferring the look of a ‘clean’ rear end. Both of my cars are debadged and I think it looks much better... they are both 3.2L so hardly tiny engines.

If.. or should I say ‘When’ I get an AMG I will probably do the same :)

The V6 badge isn’t too bad, it is a V6 after all and not a weedy engine by any means.

Not cringeworthy like the C350 diesel estate I saw on the M25 recently.

Removed the 0 so it said C35 and then put an AMG badge on the other side of the boot lid. Still had the blue badges on the sides so clearly a diesel (as well as missing everything they would make it an actual AMG). What a muppet.

V6, V8, V10...Dyson do 'em all.

Arguably a straight 6 is better and more refined than a V6...you don't many (any?) I6 badges on backs of cars.:cool:

Last edited:
The V6 badge isn’t too bad, it is a V6 after all and not a weedy engine by any means.

Not cringeworthy like the C350 diesel estate I saw on the M25 recently.

Removed the 0 so it said C35 and then put an AMG badge on the other side of the boot lid. Still had the blue badges on the sides so clearly a diesel (as well as missing everything they would make it an actual AMG). What a muppet.
Actually my C350 petrol came with the blue badges on the side, so it’s not just diesels. It also came with the full AMG body kit and twin exhausts, but there’s no way I’d attempt to make out it’s an AMG by adding badges. I do quite like the V6 badge on the OP’s post though.

It’s good that we all have different ideas of what looks good. Right badges, wrong badges, no badges - it’s all about what the owner wants and no more. I just can’t help myself when I see a debadged car and assume it’s a bottom of the range model that they’re trying to hide. When I ordered my car the salesman asked if I wanted it debadged; I replied that I was proud to display the C350 on the boot, even though the majority of the public wouldn’t have a clue what it meant.

Actually my C350 petrol came with the blue badges on the side, so it’s not just diesels. It also came with the full AMG body kit and twin exhausts, but there’s no way I’d attempt to make out it’s an AMG by adding badges. I do quite like the V6 badge on the OP’s post though.

It’s good that we all have different ideas of what looks good. Right badges, wrong badges, no badges - it’s all about what the owner wants and no more. I just can’t help myself when I see a debadged car and assume it’s a bottom of the range model that they’re trying to hide. When I ordered my car the salesman asked if I wanted it debadged; I replied that I was proud to display the C350 on the boot, even though the majority of the public wouldn’t have a clue what it meant.
I'm a little disappointed to hear that you don't have your old signature block across your bootlid, something about one if the rare 350 petrol models or something.

Time for your nap?
12 days ago I received some devastating news, from which I’m still reeling. I’ve been popping in here briefly since then to try to take my mind off what has happened. Your childish insults are like a pee in the Ocean by comparison to what I’m going through, so you may as well give up and go and play elsewhere. I want to tell you what I really think of you and your continual boring references to something irrelevant from the very distant past, but you’re just not worth the effort. You’re insignificant at the best of times, right now you’re nothing.

No wait, perhaps I will say something. I’m in the mood to get it off my chest. If your years of knocking me have been intended as harmless banter then you’ve failed because your pathetic repetition has merely resulted in you appearing as a troll. Others have seen that too. On this occasion you caught me at a very sensitive time, something you’re no doubt congratulating yourself on. You’re not funny and you’re not clever. But at last you’ve managed to get the reaction from me that you’d been aiming for over the years. You’ve kicked a man at his lowest point and made him angry. Well done for being a total ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom