Aftermarket Double Din

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pachanga 231

Car
E280 cdi sport 2007
Hello I want to fit a branded aftermarket unit pioneer/kenwood. Main reason is USB slot and Bluetooth.

I'm a complete beginner at this so please bear with me:

How easy is it to remove the current unit?
An aftermarket unit will physically slot straight in? The trim surround is my main concern?
Will I need to buy a fitting/wiring kit?
Will the steering controls still work?
Does the 6 disc changer behind the electronic panel remain?
I'm happy with the sound quality of the standard will the aftermarket be too powerful and damage speakers as some have built in amplifiers?
Is Ther a subwoofer fitted now as standard?
I don't want the USB slot to be at the front will look untidy so do I go for a rear USB slot and run a wire Into glovebox for USB stick to sit in?
I'f I put a MP4 on USB will it automatically play on the unit or does it have to have this function built in?

eBay has lots of options, dependant on budget. Any particular model or brand that goes with the Mercedes interior?

Many thanks

I'll try and answer a few points best I can.

I take it you've a w211 270cdi, what stereo is currently fitted, has it a HK system?

-Current unit will come straight out
-Depends on the unit but should be plug and play
-You'll need a steering wheel control adapter, different wiring depending on stereo you go with
-Disc changer will no longer work
-If you've a basic stereo, you should find an improvement in sound
-Easy enough to wire the usb socket into the glove box

I've a Alpine unit myself which works really well and suits the Mercedes interior with small chrome buttons.

Hope that helps.

I'll try and answer a few points best I can.

I take it you've a w211 270cdi, what stereo is currently fitted, has it a HK system?

-Current unit will come straight out
-Depends on the unit but should be plug and play
-You'll need a steering wheel control adapter, different wiring depending on stereo you go with
-Disc changer will no longer work
-If you've a basic stereo, you should find an improvement in sound
-Easy enough to wire the usb socket into the glove box

I've a Alpine unit myself which works really well and suits the Mercedes interior with small chrome buttons.

Hope that helps.

Yes 270cdi
No markings on any speakers to say it's HK
Could you post some pics I would like to see how it blends in.
Thanks for you reply

Yes 270cdi
No markings on any speakers to say it's HK
Could you post some pics I would like to see how it blends in.
Thanks for you reply

What about the subwoofer and amplifier in the rear. Will they still work with aftermarket and is the wiring built in

Does your car have option 810 Sound system in the datacard?
If so, it has HK. Not all had HK marked on the speakers and if it has a subwoofer then I suspect it does have HK.

Tony

Does your car have option 810 Sound system in the datacard?
If so, it has HK. Not all had HK marked on the speakers and if it has a subwoofer then I suspect it does have HK.

Tony

No idea which system it it.
It's sounds pretty good and looks like sub in rear shelf. Is there a separate amp somewhere and will both these work with after market unit

Mate said to me today that the sub and amplifier won't work with an aftermarket kit, is that true?

If it has the 810 sound system option then they won't work with aftermarket.
Put your VIN here and I, or someone else will look at the datacard and let you know what is fitted.
Normally having a sub and amp in the back is a sign of it being HK.

Tony

There is no option 810 showing on your datacard.
I was under the impression that only cars with that option had the subwoofer.
There is no sign of any head unit in the datacard either.
Your best bet would be to contact Richard or Alfie from comandonline (sponsors on here) with your VIN and they will guide you to the best solution.

Tony

I have a pioneer AVH4400BT for sale if your interested pal.

Mark

Pm'd you pal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom