Aftermarket Headunit recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.
Found this.
Pioneer AVH-X490DAB Double Din CD DVD Car Stereo
Is this favourable and can it be controlled via steering wheel. The company have emailed and said that they have the correct cabling and harness about £70 - £80. Just would appreciate any observations and information you may have. If anyone knows of an alternative I'm all ears

Right okay,

Yes you can retain steering wheel controls, should be no problem at all. My steering wheel controls are 100% functional.

So I assume you have the Audio 20 unit fitted at the moment? Where about are you located? £70-£80 seems reasonable if that’s the CONNECTS2 Interface, Pioneer steering wheel control patch lead (goes from HU to Connects2interface), you also need the fascia plate/cage kit, and also an aerial adaptor.

This should be all the wiring you need http://caraudiosecurity.com/ctkmb15-mercedes-clk-2004-double-din-complete-fitting-kit

Yes I got the gist of it from page one. I just need to get all info in my noggin. The company were on the ball and emailed me within a half hour of my query. Have not gone into detail with them yet but will. Unless another provider comes up in my search. Hoping to fit it all myself. East Yorkshire by the way

FWIW, I ordered all the cabling from the same company using the same links supplied, retained all the steering wheel functions etc. The HU I purchased was from an online retailer (eBay IIRC) as it was the cheapest method.

Appreciate the quick responses guys. Good site. Thank you

You can even fit a 9" head unit, if you're so inclined:

26316863899_4c2e529309_o.jpg

;)

Guys I need a little help here. Been in touch with Dynamic sounds looking for a suitable dab radio as the one mentioned at the beginning of the thread isn't available anymore. I have sent him a picture of my radio in the car. He says I have to take it out so he can have a look at the plug. Also he needs the measurements top and bottom left to right as there are 2 fascias for the CLK. They want to know if its a factory fitted amplifier. I'm cluelessradio.jpg Wondered if anyone can give me info?

Guys I need a little help here. Been in touch with Dynamic sounds looking for a suitable dab radio as the one mentioned at the beginning of the thread isn't available anymore. I have sent him a picture of my radio in the car. He says I have to take it out so he can have a look at the plug. Also he needs the measurements top and bottom left to right as there are 2 fascias for the CLK. They want to know if its a factory fitted amplifier. I'm cluelessView attachment 78156 Wondered if anyone can give me info?

As I said before, this kit is all you will need Car Audio Equipment | Buy online at Car Audio Security

As for radio there are lots of models, I don’t recommend dynamic sounds myself.

I got so hacked off with trying to figure out what head unit fits what I gave up and went for a Pure Highway 600 and connected it to my aux input which I also had to fit. It works perfectly and it all cost me £180 ish. Granted there is the aerial and amp in the top left of the windscreen but the tunes are worth it. Oh yeah, hands free over Bluetooth and you can stream music from any Bluetooth device. I'm happy with it.
It doesn't answer your question but I thought I'd mention it.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Android S9+

This is what I would recommend Pioneer SPH-DA130DAB Car Stereo

The SPHDA130 is an improved version of my unit, they have the ‘glass’ style screens rather the plasticy ones usually fitted to radios.

Please note DAB aerial is sold separately, but shouldn’t be too expensive.

Abs

Yes I have looked at this one. £319 from halfords

Yes I have looked at this one. £319 from halfords

Yes, I got mine from Halfords too. Then had it fitted by COMAND UK in Lightwater. Excellent service.

Pioneer AVH-Z3000DAB 2 Din Car CD DVD USB Aux Stereo DAB Digital Radio 6.2" Screen
This one any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom