Aftermarket radio for '02 MB E 240T Bose System

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davitox87

Car
2002 S210 E240T 2.6L 170PS
Greetings everyone,

I have not been able to find any concrete information for replacing my dying stock Radio/headunit in my '02 E240T wagon with the Bose Sound system. I have the headunit with the cd player, no multi cd changer is installed that I am aware of. I looked under the dashboard, in the glove compartment and in the trunk.

I am located in Germany and have looked at a store online and they state that I would need the following items

The radio I would like to buy
JVC KD-R981BT

Adapter for the Bose System (seems to be rated at 4x20 watts from what I read on Amazon)
Aktiv-Adapter für Mercedes Benz

The Can Bus adapter for the steering wheel
Lenkrad-Interface -Mercedes --> JVC ( 42-1190-901 )

I would like to buy whatever would be needed to retain as much functionality of the steering wheel, sound quality and Bose System as possibility but also the ability to add an aftermarket amplifier or two and speakers/subs at a later time.

I have found this youtube video where another guy has the bose system, he seems to have gotten it to work but the Bose adapter has adjustment levels.. I don't live in the US anymore so using crutchfield would not be possible to use the parts and he has an E320 model (not sure if this makes a difference).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry for my long post and if you need anymore information, please let me know.

Below is a photo of the headunit that I want to replace.
audio-10cd.jpg

I have Bose in my c43, when I bought it the car it was running a Sony head unit, I wanted to run my alpine so perchased a similar unit to the above, it made diddley squat difference!

I'm aware that the Bose amp and speakers run at a lower ohm rating but seriously there was no audible difference.

Yeah, I read that the system runs at 2ohms. My main concern if everything that I have picked out works, That I would get 20 watts to each speaker because of the Bose active adapter?? There surely has to be something better than 4x20 watts that is compatible with the w210/s210 Bose system. The reason I am going aftermarket is because I want USB, AUX and Bluetooth capabilities on my radio, and the fact that the CD player is on its way out.

My old alpine is 4x55 does the job perfectly and I have it loud most the time.

The aftermarket radio is 4x50 watts.

This piece is rated at 4x20 Watts for some reason.
image_1190-50_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom