Aftermarket reversing camera options?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonygw

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI AMG Blue efficiency diesel
Hi All

I currently own a 2012 C250cdi estate with what I think is the Audio 20 head unit and Becker sat nav module. As I understand I cannot interface a reversing camera into this unit to display on the main sat nav screen in the dash.

So I was wondering if anybody had any suggestoins for a neat aftermarker reversing camera system I could install. I have installed one of the chinese brand reversing mirror cameras into the wifes audi which is ok but I am reluctant to do this in the Merc as would loose the auto dimming feature of the factory fitted rear view mirror. I am open to installing a seperate screen somewhere but havent found a decent location for a second screen.

So I am posting on here to see if anybody else has installed an aftermarket system or what solutions you recommend.

All options or suggestoins considered.

Cheers guys!

OK So if anybody is interested, I purchased an aftermarket wirless system from ebay.
I mounted the screen right next to the main display as shown in my photo. This might not be to everybodys taste or suit everybody, but for my needs it works great, asthetically its no worse than fitting a dash cam or aftermarket sat nav.
Just thought Iwould share it in case anybody else was going down the same route I did.
Hope this is useful.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20200604_130420a.jpg
    IMG_20200604_130420a.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200523_122139a.jpg
    IMG_20200523_122139a.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 28
Which kit did you use please,are you really pleased with it?
Thanks

Hi, I chose one of the Chinese eBay kits, it was only £23 delivered. It's a wireless system and yes pretty amazed for the money. It's not a factory fit standard but much better that I was expecting. The screen is nice and bright even in bright sun shine. The kit had everything in it. But you would need a can bus relay as the power taken from the reversing light isn't stable and the camera cut out. I ran a power cable from the rear fuse box through a relay which was activated by the reverse light. It was the same in the wife's Audi so I guess most modern cars are the same. But overall I am very happy with it. There are loads for sale on eBay of different types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom