Aftermarket stereo for clk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garyp

Car
saab 9-3
Hi everyone, finally took the plunge and ordered a 280 avant-garde clk cabriolet, what would you recommend to update the current radio so i can get dab, sat nav with maybe android auto, what would you recommend?

By ordered do you mean purchased used? A 280 will I believe be a w209. (Second generation CLK). There’s a lots of good audio shops that have experience at upgrading these. Reversing cameras are also a handy fit to modernise and ease the driving experience.

Hi Gary,
I put a up market Kenwood unit in my 2007 CLK and then had to sell it so took it out. I have the correct facia bezel, the unit (DNR4190DABS) which does Sat Nav, Bluetooth, DAB+ radio. I also have the reversing camera kit.

Was it easy to install? Plug and play, i have seen a video where they had to solder a few wires, not doing that

It has the full loom that clicks into the main loom, once you have removed the existing radio. The bezel is made for the actual unit so it fits perfectly in the dash.

The only things you would need is a DAB aerial to stick on the inside of the windscreen. The Sat-nav module sticks on the dash.

The biggest job is fitting the reversing camera as you have to partially remove the carpets to run the cable from the head unit to the back of the car.

I have a Pioneer Avic-920DAB in mine with all the bits, rear cam, shark fin on the roof for AM/FM DAB/GPS. All works very well with no drop out on the DAB or GPS even in central London.

i have a clk 280 avantgarde 55 palte and i have noticed no aerial,i dont like those stick on dab aerials for the windscreen,can i use anything else ?

I don't know of any other way. DAB radio was never an option on CLK models.
The attached photo shows the windscreen aerial.

Attachments

• DAB_Aerial.jpg
    DAB_Aerial.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 14
Hi everyone, finally took the plunge and ordered a 280 avant-garde clk cabriolet, what would you recommend to update the current radio so i can get dab, sat nav with maybe android auto, what would you recommend?
I have recently fitted a Pioneer SPH-DA160Dab in mine using Connects 2 steering wheel control adapter, this does all you ask and has Android Auto plus Apple Carplay. I fitted a bee sting dab/fm aerial on the roof in.place of the false shark fin, thus gives great reception and is better on fm than the factory rear screen aerial. I also upprated the speakers, very happy with the sound now.
I tried a shark fin style dab aerial but wasn't happy with the signal quality, research told me that dab aerials are better vertical, hence my switch to bee sting type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom