Aftermarket Stereo. Poor radio reception

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Huw J Long

Car
CLC180 Sport
Hi
I'm new to the group, I have fitted a Sony XAV-601BT to replace the Audio 20BT. I am having issues with the radio reception, I have used the standard ISO leads but I'm not sure if this feeds the antenna amplifier. The aerial adapter is plugged into the white dual coax socked (it's where I got the best signal) but it still has trouble keeping Radio 2 tuned in. The reception on the Audio 20 was perfect.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Mercedes CLC180 Sport 2009. No fiber

Iso leads do not feed the antenna, or at least have never seen a vehicle that does.

When I plug the Audio 20 back in the radio works fine. All the pins are connected on the ISO block, I have two blocks that are redundant, Will one of these be a feed to the Amp? If so which one? :0)
Done some research off the forum that indicates Pin 5 on Con A is the Amp feed, but this cable is not enabled on the original block fitted to the car. Can anybody confirm that the twin coax block is the radio aerial.

I have no issue with the door remote reception, if this is relevant.

Image%2015-08-2013%20at%2017.45.jpg

Last edited:
I might be mistaken on the Model I have.
The bottom white is the socket I'm using.

Model No MF2860
Part No A203 870 35 94

2013-08-15%2017.53.27.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Graham
Please excuse my ignorance, pin 5 to pin 3 on which block?
Will that be pin 3 on connector 2 of the Audio 20 (white block, drawing above)

Your help is appreciated :0)

Ah right it's a quadlock not an iso connector :)

looking at the pic, the twin white socket looks similar to what used to be on the peugeot 407, for which an adaptor sorted out the problem

I have similar, but without the amp. As the CLC has an Amp, I didn't think I would need one.

This is the fitting kit I purchased

CTKMB01.jpg

You have the adaptor already in the kit

have you tried both sockets?

And I still have a problem :0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom