Aftermarket Superchargers on C43 and re-mapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whestworld

Car
C32 Alabaster White 960
Hi

I'm thinking of getting a Kleemann supercharger for my C43. The power upgrade is substantial and I really can't afford to go to a CLK55 or E55 just yet. Has anyone got a kleemann fitted or a similar unit. I've also considered going down the 're-mapping' route but because there are so many on the market....where do you start:confused: ? I've heard Powerchips can be detected on the Merc diagnostic machines which makes insurance claims impossible. ??

J

Birds had a project car with a Spirit Supercharger fitted. Might be worth speaking to them.

There was a C43 with a supercharger for sale somewhere - bearing in mind the Kleemann install is £10k + VAT I'd either go this route or bide your time - you'll lose a lot of money doing this.

Ah yes :eek: - sorry thought you were talking about custard before ;)

Aftermarket stuff

I suppose any major modification to the car isn't going to increase the value of the car, but i do like my one. I've driven 2 other C43s and, well, I suppose I prefer mine because it's mine and I have that attachment to it. Without sounding like a p*at, I can live with a £10K upgrade knowing that I WONT get it back when I sell it, but I may decide to keep it longer if it can offer me 400+bhp. How many other vehicles out there are as rare as a C43, as compact, with all that plush interior and can make you smile 1st thing in the morning when you are accelerating from 5-40mph? Adding a further 100bhp must be a laugh.

C43+10k

My C43 has about 65K on the clock so I'd get about 12K for it, plus 10K and i'll still need another 8-10K to get a decent E55!

I don't think this is a Kompressor version but it's lovely anyway!

Yikes!

YIKES! Would you pay 30K for a 2002 CL55:crazy:
What's wrong with it! I'd stay well clear of that one.
I've seen an E55 2003 go for about 35K which is a nice car.

If it's a NA CL then the money is about right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom