Age of MB Drivers.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A160DSB

Car
A160 BRABUS Metallic Meteor Grey
Hi there,

I'm 18 and drive an A160, the "typical" MB drivers are late 40's early 50's, im just wondering how true that stereotype actually is?!

So, how old are you lot ?! :)

Im 26 and have had mine over four years now.

Now look here young man. When I was your age I would not have dreamed of asking a Mercedes Benz driver his age. Not even if he took his pointy cap off.

I am 53 now, but still cut a good figure in skin tight leather trousers and GUCCI sunglasses. So mind your cheek or I will be telling your parents the kind of things that you get up to on the World Wide Web thingy.

Always drove MB's Howard?!

No.

First VW's ( Mk 1 GTi , then Mk 1 Gti cabrio ) , then Hondas ( Aerodeck DOHC 2.0L , then CRX VTEC ) , then MB's ( W124 230 CE , then CLK320 cabrio , then CLK 430 )

Will stick with MB now , i like them.

I had my lovely old faithful W124 230E when I passed my test at 17, then moved on to the E320 Coupe that I currently own.

I personally think the stereotype of Mercedes being for "old men" simply doesn't apply anymore, especially when you consider the post-AMG acquisition period :thumb:

Darren

Now look here young man. When I was your age I would not have dreamed of asking a Mercedes Benz driver his age. Not even if he took his pointy cap off.

I am 53 now, but still cut a good figure in skin tight leather trousers and GUCCI sunglasses. So mind your cheek or I will be telling your parents the kind of things that you get up to on the World Wide Web thingy.

Impressive! haha

Na, basically, as an 18 year old lad, a MB isn't exactly a 'young' lads car. but I love driving it, I know its a Sh*tty A160 semi Automatic blar blar, but the engine itself drives like a dream, and it can shift!!!

First Mercedes was a C36 AMG back in 1996 at the tender age of 24! Oh they were the days! sigh.

Na, basically, as an 18 year old lad, a MB isn't exactly a 'young' lads car. but I love driving it, I know its a Sh*tty A160 semi Automatic blar blar, but the engine itself drives like a dream, and it can shift!!!

Nothing wrong with the A class.

We have an A190 manual. As you say , it's nippy.

The semi auto gearboxes do have a bit of a rep for being a time bomb though.

Bought a Brabus one the other day with a dead semi auto box , going to swap the Brabus kit and wheels onto ours over the summer. :cool:

According to the guy I got it off, baring in mind, it is Canvey, don't know if you know it, but my step dad used to have a caravan somewhere near toad hall (useless info) so it cant be too far away, anyway, he said its never given him problems, and touch wood, it hasnt been a problem for me either.

at £750 i cant grumble even if it lasts only 6 months, But i do want to do it up, not chavvy, I want to do it justice, maybe invest in some brabus wheels, although very expensive!! I nearly cried when I saw the prices! ... I dont know what to do to the interior of it though.... it looks alright, but it looks like its made for a middle aged man. any suggestions?

I wouldnt worry about whether its a young lads car or not, i think its quite cool to have something a bit different from the expected, it shows your open minded and a bit individual.

I've had my C180 since I passed my driving test at 17.

Dand, honestly?!

I went to a second hand dealership looking for a Fiesta, couldnt find one I liked, and the guy went, well we havent got a lot to be honest, a 1.7 Diesel A class has just come in, but you wouldnt be interested in that. I looked at it, drove it about, and it drove great. but he wouldnt knock £150 off it to make it £1800. so I walked away. Went round the corner, on a guys drive, couldnt drive a semi auto, so wanted it gone, paid £2000 for it, i got him down to £750 because of some cosmetics on the car, few dents and scratches, few bits need sorting out. But I love my little A160, its a little gem for £750. Shame I cant make it look really good inside with some nice interior, then some cheap(ish) (hundred and fifty - £200) alloys. Only problem, is it drinks petrol like theres no tomorrow, but some of that is probs down to my driving. I love my Merc though. But there arnt any/many people my age that drive them, so i cant meet up with them and do, i suppose, what my mates do in their chav-mobiles.

>>I wouldnt worry about whether its a young lads car or not, i think its quite cool to have something a bit different from the expected, it shows your open minded and a bit individual.

That is why at my age of decay I enjoy my C55. OK so it smells of wee and mothballs inside and occasionally I dung myself as my right foot gets stuck to the floor. But what the hell who cares.

It'll drink petrol probably because the MAS/ECU is knackered ( ours did , once it was fixed , fuel consumption eased somewhat ) ... MB will tell you £1500 for a new one , but they can be repaired by a company called www.ecutesting.com for around £220. Money well spent.

There are interiors from the A210 AMG come up on Ebay from time to time ( black leather with white alcantara inserts ) , you can usually bag them for a couple of hundred quid , and fitting is easy.

I might have some facelift rear lights for sale soon , they improve it no end , see the gallery i linked to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom