Age of MB Drivers.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
43, first Merc for me c180 w204. liking it so far, miss the power of a big engine thou. Economy over fun I'm afraid.

26 when I bought my 1st now on my 2nd and hopefully a 3rd before the year is out. Wish I'd done it earlier but hey!

Same! I'm 22. I bought my first Merc when I was 20, after discovering it was nigh-on-impossible to insure myself on a 'hot hatch' for a reasonable price. I bought a 1998 CLK 320. What a bloody car it was! Had so much fun in it and the V6 engine note was to die for.

Getting the same at work, i have bought an 'old mans' car.

I point out the fact its an AMG, wouldnt mind seeing how a hot hatch did against mine but people will do anything to make themselves feel less bitter or jealous.

Also had a person making a joke along the lines of my short height and it didnt fit with the car being so nice.

Hello all I am new to this club, fantastic forum! I am 35 and I just bought a W211 270CDI and I can't see me ever getting rid of this car! I love it but my friends do tell me it's an old mans car but I don't care

I am 37 but I bought my car brand new when I was 31. I do not believe MB has an age to product image problem such as Jaguar or Honda etc.

I am 37 but I bought my car brand new when I was 31. I do not believe MB has an age to product image problem such as Jaguar or Honda etc.

No, it's more of a rust to age to product image problem...

21 and on my first merc, C250 TD

I did buy a volvo when i was 18, and then two more until a few months ago :O

Well i am 69 but bought my 280E new 34 years past.

Well i am 69 but bought my 280E new 34 years past.

Welcome aboard.

It looks great in the Avatar - I love the colour...

You should post up your pictures into an album on here.

Got my first Mercedes at 40. Now 48 and looking for another.

First car at 23, it was a 1968 Triumph Herald which cost £125

...I tell them "BMW for Boys, Mercs for Men."

I remember in the image-conscious 1980's the popular saying was BMW's were for young executives on their way to the top and Mercedes Benz for when you'd made it.

They are IMO much more affordable now than they were in the 70's and 80's and far more numerous on the roads.

JohnEBoy said:
Welcome aboard.

It looks great in the Avatar - I love the colour...

You should post up your pictures into an album on here.

For some reason the site will not allow my photos in a album. Trying

Attachments

• image-1622720428.jpg
    image-1622720428.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 127
  • image-372559491.jpg
    image-372559491.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image-642928362.jpg
    image-642928362.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 126
  • image-949982480.jpg
    image-949982480.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 126
Lovely car. There's something very special about SECs!

I like it with either wheels.

Has the rear offside wheel got a positive camber on it i.e. is something bent that side?

JohnEBoy said:
Lovely car. There's something very special about SECs!

I like it with either wheels.

Has the rear offside wheel got a positive camber on it i.e. is something bent that side?

Nothing bent. Just restored so i think it is the camera angle in the grass. That Anthracite car is also an 84 and I have the Lorinser parts for it. I am just pecking away at it. Will get the paint on it soon.
I have to get the a/c working (non climate control) but don't have a schematic. Anybody have one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom