Age!??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
Am I too old?

Now that I have hit the big 40, am I too old to listen to certain types of music, as my nephew believes? :doh:

Am I really to old to enjoy artists like Jesie J?

What these young uns dont realise is that I was around when hip hop. rap and dance music as you know it these days was born!! I was part of that scene and wore the kappa tracksuits and spun on my back on a piece of lino :D

Not long after that I turned into a metal head and saw Motorhead, Metalica, Anthrax, pluss many more bands live. Then came the drugged up years in the late 80's early 90's when I saw 808 state.
, The stone roses, happy mondays, Inspiral carpets, James, and many more and always of my bonce on something or other :eek:

But I am now to old to listen to modern music such as Gotye etc according to peeps much youner than me ?

So, should I tell my nephew to **** off and stop calling me a sad old ****? Should I risk being arrested and forcefully educate him in the history of music? :dk::D

Last edited:
Music! that's the least of your worries! Wait till you visit your GP with a bad back expecting a detailed physical examination perhaps even a scan at the local hospital to check things out--- to be greeted with " Ah- well at your age you've got to expect a bit of wear and tear - here's a prescription for some pain killers" ----welcome to the Category B world of the NHS :rolleyes:

Your nephew is young, he will grow up and realise the truth. You are a grown up and know the truth...so why are you stressing about it? It has always been this way...always. I have a few years on you, but I suspect you'd have said the same to me 20 years ago as your nephew is saying to you..

What do young 'uns know. Ph.

Tell him to go forth and multiply and listen to what the hannover your like.

No stress here eihtur just some light hearted banter:D

I have been in and out of hospitals since I was seven, grober, when I was diagnosed with diabetes so I know all about the tuts and sucking through the teeth from the doctors:D

Listening to The Chemical Brothers at the mo so feck all those young uns who think we are too old:bannana:

I was listening to Wagner at 20 and am still doing so at 46. I just need to turn the sound up a bit more.

He had to wait until Wagner was born.
oldege.gif

Why should you care what your Nephew, or indeed anyone else, thinks of your music preferences?

Did I ever complain they my sons or their friends were too young for The Doors, Bad Company etc? No.

Ignore his babbling and get yourself a DILLIGRAF t-shirt

Dont take any notice! I have two children 20 and 24 who think im too old but i believe music doesnt have any age limits, i was over in the UK last summer and went to the V festival and had a great time,Rihanna was great!! I like old schoolrock and anything that sounds good, been following the Reading Festival too on free view over here in germany some good groups on must admit!!!

Ignore his babbling and get yourself a DILLIGRAF t-shirt

As both DrivenMeMad and Meldrew2 have tickets for KBW, we have ordered 2 t-shirts for the event.

lp.aspx

lp.aspx

My two sons, 17 and 22, both listen to a lot of my music. Youngest has been joining me over the last couple of years going to retro punk and rock gigs. One of his mates comes along also, no idea what their college mates think when they tell them they're going to see the Stanglers or Buzzcocks :)

I don't care what anyone else thinks about my choice of music, I like it and so that's it. As regards age, I don't feel much different to what I did nearly 50 years ago, it's just some of the peripheral equipment doesn't work quite as smoothly as it once did :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom