Aggressive/poor MB sales person

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjs

Car
C250cdi Coupe, Audi S5 Cab
Currently in MB dealer while car has a while you wait service. Can't fail to overhear a salesperson battering an old couple with spiel (agility v contract hire, some of it incorrect) when they are sat down trying to do a deal. Sounds like the old boy has done his homework and the salesperson is telling him its nonsense. I'd walk if I was spoken to like that. Coffee nice mind.

Go put him in touch with this site, maybe he'll feel like letting us all know what's going on..........??

an old couple

How old are they (if you say 50's I won't be happy)? I'm wondering if (properly) old people can get finance.

Apparently some dealer groups don't pay the salespeople commission now if they don't sell finance and/or some of the other nonsense products such as paint protection and GAP.

Go put him in touch with this site, maybe he'll feel like letting us all know what's going on..........??

Johnathon Taylor is the name of his 'placard' Maybe MB will.

If they were your parents would you want them treated like that? step in (politely).

No, but they are adults, and they have a choice

How old are they (if you say 50's I won't be happy)? I'm wondering if (properly) old people can get finance.

Apparently some dealer groups don't pay the salespeople commission now if they don't sell finance and/or some of the other nonsense products such as paint protection and GAP.

Late 50's/early 60's. Thats old to me (40) but when i'm 60, 80 will be the new old.
Probably.

It just seemed so bloody out of place, especially when the salesman 'guffawed' what on earth would you want to do that for! at the top of his voice to the punter in a pretty deserted showroom

Currently in MB dealer while car has a while you wait service. Can't fail to overhear a salesperson battering an old couple with spiel (agility v contract hire, some of it incorrect) when they are sat down trying to do a deal. Sounds like the old boy has done his homework and the salesperson is telling him its nonsense. I'd walk if I was spoken to like that. Coffee nice mind.

Which MB Dealer is this?

I live local (very local) to Mercedes Chester.

The other day I went to Cheshire Oaks to pick an item up, followed by a bright red E class cabriolet. I thought... thats nice, but it was zooming a bit and soon went past me. I noticed it was a E250CGi. So when at Cheshire oaks I noticed it parked up and the person in it (one man) was eating a Burger King meal (parked in their carpark)

I thought... I bet that's from the garage (it was mint, you could tell its done few miles) so when home I checked on the cars for sale...

Sure enough...

2012 Mercedes-Benz E250 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY - Used Car Search - Inchcape Mercedes-Benz

Now ok they have to use a car, but I would not be over happy that my £35k potential new car has been used like this. Its not the first time either, I regularly walk our little one round the block past the garage and at 'home time' the sales guys leave in what ever car they give it full beans from cold out of the garage (and its a 30 zone!!)

Annoys me that !!

I thought all MB UK Salesmen were like this and thought it was something they taught them at MB Sales school :dk: One thing they should teach them is to remove their head from their a*se once in a while and take the time to listen to their customers needs. I would never buy a new MB in the UK for this reason the sales staff have to be some of the worst in the business.

At the same garage I walk around the cars and look in them,

The other weekend it was a lovely sunny day, I'm looking (peering) inside a E class estate and a new ML.

Ok I have the pram and my 5 yr old with me... Sales men sat in the air conditioned offices see me. Do they even come out to ask do I need any help? Not a chance.

Maybe an E class Estate and an ML are not aimed at the family man :)

It does make me smile.

Not everywhere - the person I dealt with at MB Ashford was very good. Admittedly, thanks to knowledge gained on here, I knew the right questions to ask and he knew very quickly that I knew a bit about 204's, so wool pulling was not available to him. I'm more than happy with the car I bought and the salesman I dealt with.

I'm sure that you are only being thoughtful towards this old couple, but this 'spiel' goes on in most sales environments, it's nothing new.

The old lad is obviously clued-up with regards buying a car, so don't let it worry you.

Which MB Dealer is this?

Sheffield

I'm sure that you are only being thoughtful towards this old couple, but this 'spiel' goes on in most sales environments, it's nothing new.

The old lad is obviously clued-up with regards buying a car, so don't let it worry you.

I wont lose any sleep over it, I just reacted earlier because it was out of order imho

I don't like them. ( I agree the ones in Sheffield are dreadful.) Somehow sleazy. I have never met a car salesman that knew his product or could answer questions clearly.

I once asked a BMW salesman to pecis the range in the salesroom as I wasn't too sure which series would suit our needs best. He said "I only get fifty quid per car I sell, just go and read the signs".

I once asked a BMW salesman to pecis the range in the salesroom as I wasn't too sure which series would suit our needs best. He said "I only get fifty quid per car I sell, just go and read the signs".

Class...

Now ok they have to use a car, but I would not be over happy that my £35k potential new car has been used like this. Its not the first time either, I regularly walk our little one round the block past the garage and at 'home time' the sales guys leave in what ever car they give it full beans from cold out of the garage (and its a 30 zone!!)

Annoys me that !!

A 30 Limit... people calling sped limits "zones" annoys me...

At the end of the day the dealership own the cars so the staff can drive them how they like. If that's a problem, don't buy one of them.

I was ordered out of MB Glasgow for asking for a PX value and details of any used 204 220cdi estates.

The chap was so rude, the other salesman had to come over and take over and at least pretend to care.

Annoys me that !!

Always remember the DP at a BMW dealer, I used to use, take off in the new 2001 E46 M3 they had. Thrashed from cold...

I think BMW at Stevenage told me, whilst out on a test drive also a long time ago, that they each chose a demonstrator to use as their car.

II once asked a BMW salesman to pecis the range in the salesroom as I wasn't too sure which series would suit our needs best. He said "I only get fifty quid per car I sell, just go and read the signs".

It's a fair answer in many ways. If I were getting £50 a car I wouldn't be motivated, either

Nick Froome

Just to stick up for the odd good one, chap at M-B Beaconsfield we dealt with was excellent. Their coffee was rotten though :)

I saw his point Nick, I was mainly amused, but still slightly surprised that he didn't want to show his love of the marque. I reckon I could wax pretty lyrical on the darn things if I worked there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom