Agility ending - collection by MB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ghibbett

Car
C63 AMG Estate
Hi All,

So in a few months my Agility finance is coming to the end of the term and I am handing the car back to MB (it's already worth less than the GFV with 9k miles less than the GFV was based upon :eek:).

For those that have done the same, are MB fairly flexible with arranging a date for collection? I want to hand the car back a couple of weeks before the end of the term.

Hi Aquanaut :thumb:

Yes 2 years will be up in September :eek: I am looking to replace it with something that has half the cylinder count and is a diesel :doh: Specifically I'm on the cusp of ordering an E300 Bluetech Hybrid. It'll certainly be a downgrade in performance terms from the C63, however all is not lost...a Caterham Supersport has taken pride of place in my garage and makes the C63 feel like a boat (albeit a fast one :D).

How are you getting along with yours? Getting much driving in when you're onshore?

They will still charge the full period of course but you can give them the car back anytime you want, starting tomorrow. My experience of a couple of these is just organise it a few weeks in advance do you get a slot you want.

They really picked over mine. Suggested a bill of £700 for marks, etc.

guffaw...! We settled at £450 with limited fight from them. I think they are chancers!

Mods, please delete...double post

Last edited:
Hi Aquanaut :thumb:

Yes 2 years will be up in September :eek: I am looking to replace it with something that has half the cylinder count and is a diesel :doh: Specifically I'm on the cusp of ordering an E300 Bluetech Hybrid. It'll certainly be a downgrade in performance terms from the C63, however all is not lost...a Caterham Supersport has taken pride of place in my garage and makes the C63 feel like a boat (albeit a fast one :D).

How are you getting along with yours? Getting much driving in when you're onshore?

Hi ghibbett, i have 10 months left on my deal. Will be interesting to see what is offered. I saw your post on PH. would be interested to know what your balloon payment is and what they offered if you could pm me. Yeah, been using my car more than normal as had a good few months off work this year but back offshore now :(! Had a quaife diff installed recently so all good, much better grip. I would really like to keep the car but?!

Mine is going back in about 4 weeks.
Yesterday I received a VT t&cs, confirming I am eligible, with no outstanding payments to make.
The original deal was to end in July, but as I am due to collect the bemer at some point in late June, I wanted the transition to go fairly smooth.

According to the documentation, once they receive signed VT, they will arrange for collection within 5 working days.

Mine is due back September. 35770 GFV i think off top oh head. They seem to retail for 39k at a dealer currently so assume I am probably worth GFV at best currently. It was always going back so I have no issues with it.

Panamera Turbo or an Aston Martin to replace it.

I VT'd my last Mercedes with no real issue except they tried to hammer me with £700 for refurbing the alloys to a charcoal grey. They had corroded due to poor quality.

I told them I wasn't paying and after a letter or two and the fact I was ordering two more MB's they waived the costs.

I VT'd my last Mercedes with no real issue except they tried to hammer me with £700 for refurbing the alloys to a charcoal grey. They had corroded due to poor quality.

I told them I wasn't paying and after a letter or two and the fact I was ordering two more MB's they waived the costs.

Yup...take care, they have form on that scam. Do a search on here.

Yeah suspected something like that might me coming to me too, had all 4 alloys on my CLS replaced under warranty. Also had a corroded alloy replaced on my SLK55, not bad 5 duff alloys out of 8.

RR

Why didn't you just get the wheels replaced under warranty? I'm amazed you got away with changing them, however VT is a legal process and they can't charge unless damage is beyond fair wear and tear, and that's a legal definition of "fair", not MB's very stringent standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom