Agility Finance and Servicing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geezer

Car
2008 Facelift R171 SLK 350 Auto.
I've got my W204 on a three year deal and they'll be wanting £16K from me at the end for me to own it - I think not!

Anyway, the third service will be due at the end of the contract and my question is if I delay the second year service for, say, a couple of months presumably the nag message won't be there informing me that a service is due when I hand it back. Is that correct? When the service indicator is reset is it a year before it shows again?

I wouldnt delay the service as they may have some comeback from you about not being done as per the manuf specifications.

Just get it serviced on time and hand it back a week early at the end of the contract. Thats what i was planning to do.

Remembering that they don't actually want you to hand it back , so will be very picky at the time of return. I would imagine you got the same really picky regulations in a pack with a ruller in it when the agreement was taken out.

Ive heard mercedes are pretty bad when handing back to them by a guy who does collections.

not worth it tbh.

I wouldnt delay the service as they may have some comeback from you about not being done as per the manuf specifications.

Just get it serviced on time and hand it back a week early at the end of the contract. Thats what i was planning to do.

Remembering that they don't actually want you to hand it back , so will be very picky at the time of return. I would imagine you got the same really picky regulations in a pack with a ruller in it when the agreement was taken out.

Ive heard mercedes are pretty bad when handing back to them by a guy who does collections.

not worth it tbh.

Totally agree. I've got an insider friend who echoes the same sentiment.
Haggle for the service with the dealer. If Merc charge for doing it after handback it'll be dear as they'll look for all kinds of things!

Last edited:
When you do hand back take photos prior. My business partner handed back his 2 year old S class recently and got a bill two weeks later from MB Finance regarding curbed wheels. Fortunately he had documented the car and provided picturers along with much abuse, strangely nothing more was heard.
Ed

Geezer,

What are you planning to do at the end of the contract? If you're going to buy another car, then just do a part ex deal as normal. Your finance just has a simple settlement figure, and if you can exceed this with the trade in valuation then you've got something towards the deposit.
If you want to avoid the service then do the deal before the service is due. With Agility you don't have to wait until the end, you can do this at any time. The dealer just gives you a valuation for your car as part of the deal and settles the outstanding finance. You don't have any issues with the condition of the car - they look at it and offer you a price for it.
I've done this several times and never had any problems.
Of course if you're just handing it back and walking away then condition could be an issue, but not if you're buying another. And you don't have to go to MB, you can part ex it anywhere.

Cheers,
MarkP

- the above doesn't apply if it's a lease or contract hire of course, which are fixed term contracts, but Agility isn't like that. Agility is just a way of buying the car, you can trade the car in at any time.
MB will only be picky if you just want to walk away at the end and give the car back - for them to give you the guaranteed value (which is the outstanding finance) then if course the car must meet their requirements for condition.
As I said though, irrelevant if you are buying another one.

Get it serviced on time. Any delays will be a false economy as when you hand back the car MB will charge you for it anyway and it will breach their terms as you have to get the car serviced when due.

If you are handing back the car and walking away then clean and take photo's to prove condition. I have heard MB can be very picky.

If you are buying another MB then no issue ... you will get a value for your car any difference can go to the deposit on the new one and away you go again in a new car.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the replies. :) Will there be any problems if I get the B Service done by an Indie?

Thanks for the replies. :) Will there be any problems if I get the B Service done by an Indie?

The indies can't enter your service details on MBs electronic service history. It's not worth the hassle on hand-over. Just haggle a good price from the dealer when talking about possibly buying a replacement car from them!

Brake fluid at 12,000 miles?

Brake fluid is changed, according to MB service schedules every 2 years regardless of mileage,

Last edited:
First Hand Experience - MB are absolute Nazis when you hand a car back.

But in fairness to them, the prices were reasonable - £45 for a wheel refurb and £120 for a tyre.

Its normally about 70-100 extra for the brake fluid change. :( and yes it needs doing every 2 years according to the service shedule.

First Hand Experience - MB are absolute Nazis when you hand a car back.

But in fairness to them, the prices were reasonable - £45 for a wheel refurb and £120 for a tyre.

Guys, this is an Agility deal (PCP) not contract hire.

When handback comes it's all about vehicle value and GFV, if it's wreck that'll be taken into consideration at valuation.

If this were contract hire, yes they are Nazi's - it's why I used to put all my business vehicles through a bodyshop before handback.

Guys, this is an Agility deal (PCP) not contract hire.

When handback comes it's all about vehicle value and GFV, if it's wreck that'll be taken into consideration at valuation.

If this were contract hire, yes they are Nazi's - it's why I used to put all my business vehicles through a bodyshop before handback.

Im sure we were all talking about a pcp deal but tbh its the same thing , exact same conditions. The user will be charged as if it were contract hire if returning the car to the finance company.

The condition-at-return issues you are discussing have always put me off personal contracts. It is a nightmare these days trying to keep a new car free of scuffs and scrapes.
I believe there is an industry standard used by most companies to judge the condition of cars, eg, 3 mm scratch acceptable wear-and-tear, 4 mm chargeable.
If I ever succumbed to such deals - and some figures are very tempting - I think it would be essential to factor in to it a fund for repairs to tidy up the vehicle at the end of the contract.

The BVRLA is the relavent guide when returning a car, i have just returned my BMW520d SE and before i returned it i had to have the bonnet resprayed as it looked like a shotgun had blasted it, i have never had a car get so many stone chips the paint is so soft. Other than that it was upto date on its servicing and i cleaned it inside and out.
If i hadn,t done the respray then i would have received a bill from BMW for the job at there exorbitant rates.i lao took loads of pictures inside nd out just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom