Agility Start Date

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldTimer66

Car
C200 Sport Estate S205
Hi

I'm buying a new Merc on PCP finance (Agility).

The dealer has asked me to sign the finance agreement although the vehicle is not even in the UK yet. Yet avording to the agreement the start date is the date of signature, and payments begin 1 month later.

I'm uncomfortable over this.

Can anybody advise when MB dealers would normally request a PCP agreement be signed? Immediately prior to delivery?

Not Mercedes but we recently got a VW on PCP. I only took the PCP to get the £2750 deposit contribution and intended to to withdraw a few days after taking delivery of the car, which you can do within 14 days. However it seems the 14 days starts from when you sign the docs, not when you take delivery of the car so the dealer may be asking you sign early to limit the possibility of you doing this.

As soon as you sign the dealer gets paid out on the car. They will be doing this to hit a target.

I wouldn't sign it until car is delivered. Never have before.

As soon as you sign the dealer gets paid out on the car. They will be doing this to hit a target.

I wouldn't sign it until car is delivered. Never have before.

Thanks for the feedback. I was beginning to suspect something like that was behind it.

I signed documents on date of collection and car was registered from that date too.

I signed documents on my previous car (my first new car) on 21st December as was collecting on 27th. I only signed because salesman at time said it wouldn't make a difference and would save time on day of collection. On day of collection I was told that my contract had started on 21st, that would be payment day and that would also be return date.
As you can imagine I was a little miffed by this so had a conversation with dealer principal and he put it in writing for me that car would not be collected until 27th. Didn't matter in end as traded in 2 months early but still frustrating at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom