AGM of Junior Football Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

proser

Car
W210 E320Cdi Estate
Does anybody know who the members of the club would be (ie managers and/or parents)

Will be holding first AGM later this year and trying to work out who is entitled to vote for the new committee.

Cheers

usually its down to the everybody in the room, otherwise its useless having them there. but if its hugely official then obviously board members are the decission makers, but i feel this time around its nt that case.

Depends on the constitution of the club as laid down but generally we class members as players, parents, and anyone with a direct "link" - for instance our head of referees whose boy is now a man and therefore moved on.

Having had bitter experience of Junior Football club politics when our lad played for the local team suggest you do not have meetings at all. Let 'em play and enjoy it 'cos the aggro really isn't worth it.
Sadly in a few years time the next David Beckham will probably have given up having found girls or rugby or both!

Just a personal view of course!

I'm a great believer in the principle that in order to vote in an organisation you have to show a degree of commitment to it by contributing something . Just turning up at the AGM doesn't cut it imho.

I'm a great believer in the principle that in order to vote in an organisation you have to show a degree of commitment to it by contributing something . Just turning up at the AGM doesn't cut it imho.

I agree with that but in reality it rarely works. You can't cherry-pick who is entitled to an opinion.

I used to be involved in the running of a junior football club from under 11's through to under 16's. The club was run by the executive committee which consisted of the managers and one assistant from each age group, an elected Chairman which was usually from the above or sometimes an independant parent and that committee ran the fund raising events, organised the general running of the club etc. The AGM was always open to all parents, and normally not too many turned up, but they all turned up at the prize giving parties, players player, managers player etc etc. The AGM was a meeting always held to vote in new managers etc as obviously each year the team would be one year older and a new under 11's would enter at the bottom. Now this was where care needed to be exercised, probably even more so now with CRB checks etc etc. Normally the new under 11's manager was not known to the rest of the committee so some checks needed to be carried out. It all sounds daunting, but in the 15 or so years I was involved, it all ran quite smoothly an incident free, bar any actions on the pitch:D I know the ages are now reduced with I beleive under 6's, girls teams and mixed. Overall I found my years with junior football quite rewarding, lots of time with my son from under 11's, I still go and watch him now, he's in the over 30's team:D:D

Voting at the AGM of a club/association is normally restricted to paid-up members. Obviously you need a membership list to control this! The constitution may impose other restrictions (e.g. you must have been a member for a certain time before being entitled to vote).

The big national club I'm involved with combines the AGM with its annual prizegiving. So there are often friends/family present, but if they are not current members they're not entitled to vote.

Sounds like being in the Government - lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom