Agreed value for the SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doodle

MB Enthusiast
Car
R129, KTM 1290SAR, Superb 272 wagon
It's insurance renewal time, and in light of all the work and effort that has gone into the SL recently (and especially with all the period AMG bits it's now wearing) I thought it would be a good idea to go for an agreed value on the policy.

The problem is...I have no idea what that agreed value should be. Normal practice would be to go hunting through the classifieds for something similar, but that doesn't work when you can't find something similar :wallbash:

Any advice or previous experiences I can draw on here?

I might be hard finding one with AMG kit,alloys etc but make sure you supply pictures of the restoration.I think you can get people to value your car for you on the official club

The official club will do a valuation. They charge a nominal fee - I think £25. A couple of our cars are on agreed value policies with LV and they assessed the value based on digital pictures. The figures they came up with were pretty generous in fact.

Ta chaps. I'll have a look at what the official club can do, there's plenty of pics from the restoration, and all of Olly's mechanical ministrations have paperwork to match.

As you say Dash, it's hard to find one with all the cosmetics to compare to. Maybe I ought to get on with building a 6.0 engine then!

Why cant *any* of the owners clubs value the car for you?

This one for instance...

Why cant *any* of the owners clubs value the car for you?

This one for instance...

Ok I'll have a go than,don't know the mileage but I'd say 7-8k & might even be 10 if the mileage is low-ish
To give a better idea we need to know more such as mileage number of owners history etc

I'm the 4th owner (9mths with the dealer principal, 8years with previous owner, 4 years with my mum and then I inherited when she died in '07).

126k on the clock, main dealer history to 100k then PCS from then onwards with all the stamps and a thick file of receipts.

Mechanicals and cosmetics you can see for yourselves :D Complete front end suspension refresh, new shocks all round. Gearbox refresh, refurbished steering box, new engine loom. Olly's put a lot of effort into making it good as new to drive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom