Agreed value

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSPSTEVE

Car
190 E
Hi all

Does anyone know where to get a valuation on my 1990 190e in Essex ?

thanks

Steve

I've used Auto Trader adverts in the past to get a sensible valuation on a stolen van where insurance loss adjuster just wanted to use guide book prices. Van was quite rare and "for sale" prices reflected the uplift over guide books

If it's for insurance purposes then some companies have an in-house valuation service (for a fee) which usually requires you to provide six specified photos. An idea of what you think it's worth is never a bad idea and as long as it's not crazy they will likely agree it.

If it's needed to be done by an authorised third party then membership of the Mercedes Owners Club gives a list of member valuers who issue a certificate for a £24 fee to the Club. There is one local to you in Essex who is particularly expert.

http://www.mercedes-benz-club.co.uk/

Last edited:
I have secured "agreed valuations" on my two MBs with Qudos through Adrian Flux.

They accepted my valuations with photographs and additional information without recourse to a third party.

£15k on the SL and £10k on the SLK........reasonable; but more than a loss adjuster and his "book" would be likely want to value the cars in the event of accidental damage.

Mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom