Ahh Motorcyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maha

Car
Suzuki Alto
Hello all,

What a start to a Monday morning, stuck in traffic in London and motorcyclists driving in between lanes and weaving to get through the traffic.

Some fat overweight motorcyclist who needed a big bike to take his weight trying to weave in and out hits my wing mirror while doing it. He quickly wobbles along on his bike not turning around while I am honing because he knew what he had done.

I wish I had a camera in my car to get his plate all scratched up now. What a muppet if you cant judge distance then don't weave in and out. I ll have to find a scratch person to fix it up.

That is really annoying .

No cctv where it happened ?

unfortunately not, on the A406 in London standstill traffic which means I couldn't do anything about it while he weaved away.

Naa all motorcyclists my parking sensors are always going off because they are all getting to close.

Motorcyclists should not be weaving in and out of lanes when it is standstill traffic, period, The should wait in lane with the other traffic the lane and their markings are there for a reason, and all motorcyclists do that. It does not state in the Highway Code that filtering is legal

Motorcyclists should not be weaving in and out of lanes when it is standstill traffic, period, The should wait in lane with the other traffic the lane and their markings are there for a reason, and all motorcyclists do that. It does not state in the Highway Code that filtering is legal

Highway Code Rule 88

Manoeuvring. You should be aware of what is behind and to the sides before manoeuvring. Look behind you; use mirrors if they are fitted. When in traffic queues look out for pedestrians crossing between vehicles and vehicles emerging from junctions or changing lanes. Position yourself so that drivers in front can see you in their mirrors. Additionally, when filtering in slow-moving traffic, take care and keep your speed low.

We understand you are upset but using emotive ("needed a big bike to take his weight") tautology ("fat overweight") and asserting incorrect facts is not helpful to anyone, least of all yourself. Neither is admitting on a public forum you were using your mobile ("not turning around while I am honing") whilst driving.

Last edited:
I didn't realize filtering was quoted as being legal in the Highway Code I thought it was only maneuvering. Well I hold my hand up to being wrong about that then.

For me though its like keeping distance, when driving you know you need to keep enough distance between you and the car in front and same with filtering my parking sensors go off at least 15 times in a 25 mile journey and this is everyday due to motorcyclists being to close.

Well I have had a rant so thanks all for that now just the financial damage, I ll have a private rant about that :)

Normally front parking sensors deactivate after a certain speed and rear sensors activate only when in reverse gear.

Normally front parking sensors deactivate after a certain speed and rear sensors activate only when in reverse gear.

Dont know why but mine don't, anyway I am buying a camera for the car today I learnt my lesson.

While in dual carrageway crawling traffic, I always stay a little to one side to reduce the chance of a filtering biker catching my mirror. I've even pulled them in (with the button) when I see one coming and the gap is particularly small.

I personally don't mind them filtering. I know it winds a lot of people up, but the way I see it, he's the most vulnerable person on the road, he's freezing his nuts off, risking his life, has no radio, and one of the few virtues of motorcycling in busy traffic (where fun isn't part of it) is being able to get through queues and get home sooner.

PTS deactivates above 10kph IIRC

While in dual carrageway crawling traffic, I always stay a little to one side to reduce the chance of a filtering biker catching my mirror. I've even pulled them in (with the button) when I see one coming and the gap is particularly small.

I personally don't mind them filtering. I know it winds a lot of people up, but the way I see it, he's the most vulnerable person on the road, he's freezing his nuts off, risking his life, has no radio, and one of the few virtues of motorcycling in busy traffic (where fun isn't part of it) is being able to get through queues and get home sooner.

Plus, of course, if they did not filter they would be taking up more space in heavily congested roads.

Suggest you have a dashcam installed. I put one in each of my cars for a very reasonable price. The evidence is there for accidents, hit and runs, etc.
See www.whatsashcam.com.

It's a wind-up, guys. The OP doesn't have a car....

Dont know why but mine don't, anyway I am buying a camera for the car today I learnt my lesson.

Another vote for the dash cam. It took me a long time to follow suit, but glad I did, it's there just in case...

Normally front parking sensors deactivate after a certain speed

I seem to remember it being 10mph on mine so possible in traffic for the fronts to be on.

So if your car had been damaged by another Mercedes car, you'd have written the same tripe about Mercedes drivers?

How will a forward facing dash cam record any damage to door mounted mirrors?
I was riding my motorcycle the other day when some fat , overweight Mercedes driver .........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom