Aiming post for GPMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
Can any of you find me a picture of the above please? Need good quality; preferably with the GPMG in the picture too.

thanks in advance,

matt

Can any of you find me a picture of the above please? Need good quality; preferably with the GPMG in the picture too.

thanks in advance,

matt

Google images, pages for GPMG's there (assuming you are referring to the gun)

Thanks guys however the aiming post is a specific device which I believe attaches to the machine gun for use in the sustained fire role. It is not an optical device rather a mechanical one that allows the gunner to "dial in" preset ranges and angles of attack that have been calculated in advance. this means the gunner can fire on specific areas at night or in very low visiblilty conditions (fog, smoke screen etc)

It is that device I want a quality picture of and it is proving elusive to find.

Have you joined ARRSE ? http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums.html

This should do the trick for you...hopefully
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cach...aiming+post+for+gpmg&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun) when used in the SF (Sustained Fire) role, i.e tripod mounted, is used as a medium machine gun (MMG) to support the company in offensive & defensive operations, as well as during withdrawal.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In this role the GPMG SF is very effective, and can accurately hit point targets up to 1800 metres away or provide fire over an area. The crew of three consists of the gunner, loader and the DC (detachment commander).
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The weapon's sight is used in conjunction with an aiming post to allow the crew to engage targets that they cannot see, due to fog, smoke or darkness. Its relative lightweight allows the weapon and ammunition to be carried quickly into action by its three man crew.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Hmm I believe you are talking about the section that is used with the C2 sighting system. Google GPMPG SF or C2 sighting system and see what that comes up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom