air bag recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasons

SUPPORTER
Car
w204 c220 cdi sport
hi I understand there is a recall for the takata air bag on certain Mercedes vehicles,i have checked my vin on the MB website and it says my vehicle is affected (2012 C CLASS) and the status is open are we receiving letters about this its just my car was in my local dealer last week for a steering lock change and an auxiliary battery replacement (under approved used warranty) and nothing was mentioned about a recall.

Hi,
At least one of my MBs have this outstanding but as far as I know no letters have gone out yet.

Had my c220 cdi 2013 in for air bag recall on 21/4/21 at Mercedes Leeds they did the diesel software update and ever since it’s been in limp mode I asked why I wasn’t told they said it’s part of the recall so I explained it’s not and got in to a long discussion with them about their illegal software and eventually the workshop manager agreed that it is down to this and they would fix my car I took it in yesterday and got a message saying cars fixed and to collect it so I went today 1/5/21 to collect and Mercedes Leeds take it to another level told me my car is fixed when I drive 100 yards it’s back to limp and return back tell them it’s not fixed and this time I asked for a courtesy car as I’ve not been able to drive my car for almost 2 weeks and I’ve been very patient and not asked for 1 previously but now it’s becoming a joke asking for lifts and they straight refuse then when I ask to speak to a manager (Paul at Mercedes Leeds) he refused to talk to me then when someone I work with who is there asks me what is wrong and I start to tell him, the manager runs up to me really aggressive and lunges at me like he is going to punch me and his homeboy Rashid starts calling me a **** head I really don’t think that’s the service you should get from a prestigious car brand. All I want is my car to run the same as when I took it to them

I didnt wait for the letter, saw the recall called my Benz Dealer and got them to book it in for the airbag recall and diesel software upgrade(which I'm having 2nd thoughts about doing or not) Service team booked it in telling me that there is a 4 week lead time and then got a call back after a hour saying they have some bags coming in so can do it a week on Friday. Don't wait for any letters, just call and get it booked telling them its for the recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom