Air bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rosie5golf

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes e320 avant-garde estate
Hi all,
Can anyone give mea ball park figure for changing both air bags on my W211 ?
Funds are a bit low at the moment.
Thanks in anticipation.

Do you mean the suspension airbags or airbags in the cabin

Hi all,
Can anyone give mea ball park figure for changing both air bags on my W211 ?
Funds are a bit low at the moment.
Thanks in anticipation.
Sorry apologies. Its the rear suspension air bags.

Got a similar problem on my 2008 220CDI Estate with 220K.
Been looking at chinese bags on ebay, looks like just under £200 for a pair I am going to fit myself but you could ask a local garage to fit or indie?
Probably worth replacing dampers at same time due to age/mileage.
Merc replacements are around £500 each and Arnott.half that

Got a similar problem on my 2008 220CDI Estate with 220K.
Been looking at chinese bags on ebay, looks like just under £200 for a pair I am going to fit myself but you could ask a local garage to fit or indie?
Probably worth replacing dampers at same time due to age/mileage.
Merc replacements are around £500 each and Arnott.half that
Thanks for the information. Looks like we might have to wait if that's the cost.

Have you had it looked at? do you have airmatic or just self levelling rear?

Have you had it looked at? do you have airmatic or just self levelling rear?
Just self levelling rear. It's only the n/s and it stays up sometimes but, other times it goes down to the rim of the wheel.

Just self levelling rear. It's only the n/s and it stays up sometimes but, other times it goes down to the rim of the wheel.
It could just be the airline leaking unless you know for sure its the bag. Im not sure how similar the S211 is to the S212 but I had this on mine (S212). There’s a particular point on the near side where the airline can rub on the bodywork. Finding the leak even with proper leak detector spray can be a challenge though. My advice would be start with the cheapest fixes first. I had both bags replaced to find the leak was actually the airline (though the compressor was also leaking so I replaced that as well)

It could just be the airline leaking unless you know for sure its the bag. Im not sure how similar the S211 is to the S212 but I had this on mine (S212). There’s a particular point on the near side where the airline can rub on the bodywork. Finding the leak even with proper leak detector spray can be a challenge though. My advice would be start with the cheapest fixes first. I had both bags replaced to find the leak was actually the airline (though the compressor was also leaking so I replaced that as well)

Thanks for that, I know my indie in Dereham, Zeemax is very good and honest. He dishes out advice free of charge to try and save you money.
It's booked in for next Friday and, if its a pipe leak, that's all he'll do. I would try to look myself but I'm undergoing chemo at the moment so, things like that would be beyond me. Thanks once again.

Thanks for that, I know my indie in Dereham, Zeemax is very good and honest. He dishes out advice free of charge to try and save you money.
It's booked in for next Friday and, if its a pipe leak, that's all he'll do. I would try to look myself but I'm undergoing chemo at the moment so, things like that would be beyond me. Thanks once again.
Best of luck with the Chemo, fingers Crossed the car is something easy to fix!

Best of luck with the Chemo, fingers Crossed the car is something easy to fix!
Thanks Chris, I like to things myself but it's a trial at the moment plus it's b****y too cold to lay on the ground. Thanks also for your good wishes.

ChrisHGTV has covered most of what I would have said so heres hoping its an airline leak and good luck with your chemo.

Thanks Chris, I like to things myself but it's a trial at the moment plus it's b****y too cold to lay on the ground. Thanks also for your good wishes.
Ditto with the Chemotherapy. I hope it isn't too much of a burden 👍

Ditto with the Chemotherapy. I hope it isn't too much of a burden 👍
Cheers for the good wishes. Its making walk like John Wayne 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom