Air box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rik430

Car
CLK430
Hey, I’m really sorry if this is a topic that has been discussed previous, however I’m looking for specific information on this.

So I’ve been doing my homework about what’s the best way to get my CLK430 to breathe better and the most recommended option is to use the CLK55 air box. I’m struggling to find the parts a actually need to do this so is their anyone else that has done this modification? And if so what are the exact parts that I need and are you able to give me the part numbers for each item that I need?
And lastly, is it a direct fit or do I need to make any adjustments to anything? Thanks

What are you trying to achieve in the long run ? An NA M113 V8 engine will respond to some tuning but the general opinion is that the cost far outweigh the gains. You are already starting at the 'low' end with a 275bhp 4.3 non AMG engine.

If you manage to achieve better intake flow then the next logical step is better exhaust flow. That would mean new headers and exhaust modifications, that is where the cost adds up.

I hope someone on here comes along and can give you the advice you need . Good luck :thumb:

What are you trying to achieve in the long run ? An NA M113 V8 engine will respond to some tuning but the general opinion is that the cost far outweigh the gains. You are already starting at the 'low' end with a 275bhp 4.3 non AMG engine.

If you manage to achieve better intake flow then the next logical step is better exhaust flow. That would mean new headers and exhaust modifications, that is where the cost adds up.

I hope someone on here comes along and can give you the advice you need . Good luck :thumb:

Hi, thanks for your reply. I’ve sorted the exhaust out and was looking at getting sports manifolds however seeing as I’m keeping the original cats I thought I would just upgrade the air box instead and maybe in the future look at getting so kleeman cams. I’m not looking for massive power gains just want it to breath better. But as you mentioned the exhaust will be more than enough for what I want so I’ll just stick with the original air box and use some performance panel filters.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I’ve sorted the exhaust out and was looking at getting sports manifolds however seeing as I’m keeping the original cats I thought I would just upgrade the air box instead and maybe in the future look at getting so kleeman cams. I’m not looking for massive power gains just want it to breath better. But as you mentioned the exhaust will be more than enough for what I want so I’ll just stick with the original air box and use some performance panel filters.
This thread was the first one I saw with you on it , I had not realised that you were elsewhere on this forum already busy with a different exhaust. I have K&N filters in mine. But you ask anyone on here about air filters and you will either die of boredom reading the posts or be so consumed by them you will not know which way to look.

Do my filters flow better or worse than stock ? don't know , don't really care , they keep the leaves out of the engine and need need little maintenance. IMHO here in the UK we have so little airborne grit most engines would be OK with just about any filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom