Air compressor for drying a car..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
Can anyone find or look for a decent portable air compressor?

Although these things are multipurpose i would use it to dry the car.

My local car wash place has this high pressure air line which is used to blast out water from all the nooks and cannies. But i think its one of those big Taskmaster cylinders. Thats too big for me. Wondering if there are smaller alternatives? Also the nozzle needs to have attachment bits in order to blast off larger areas.

Unbelivable how much water there is hidden away.

I also feel this is a better method than using cloths to dry adding more swirls?

I recal a detailer on here using a compressor used for drying dogs but cant find the thread! He said it was really good!

cheers

Bill.

Last edited:
Would you say these compressors are capable of doing the job Jay?

What do you think of yours?

I'd use it in the interior as well blasting out dust and hard to reach area's before using the hoover.

Yes its ok, its nothing like the one we have at work but it does the job... I use it mainly for inflating tyres.

cheers mate, here one i found..

LIDL

Potential problem with using compressor is the oil carry over so you could end up spraying your car with an emulsion (handy for rusty Mercs. I suppoe). Also, it'll take an age to build up any meaningful pressure which will rapidly disappear.

The dog dryer is a better solution, search for 'blaster' I used to have an american unit called a circuiteer, very expensive item but briliant for heavy coated dogs both for drying and blasting out dust and debris from the coat. A blaster isn't a compressor so no oil to worry about plus it's constant, steady air flow. It just uses a couple of high volume blower motors.

An alternative is the wet and dry vacuum that Wickes sell, about half the output of a blaster but a fraction of the cost. The hose connection can be reversed to blow rather than suck :)

HTH

The dog dryer is a better solution, search for 'blaster' I used to have an american unit called a circuiteer, very expensive item but briliant for heavy coated dogs both for drying and blasting out dust and debris from the coat. A blaster isn't a compressor so no oil to worry about plus it's constant, steady air flow. It just uses a couple of high volume blower motors.

Hmm ... we've got a blaster for the dogs - never thought of using it on the car! Will give it a go.

I use a leaf blower (without the bag attachment) to get rid of the majority of water.
Although I have been thinking of buying one of these so that I can get rid of the water when washing my motorbikes. Just the price puts me off..

Atom_Motorcycle_Dryer_p.jpg

Atom Motorcycle and Motorbike Dryer | FREE UK DELIVERY OFFER @ Performance Motorcare Products Ltd

Thanks guys, i think the one used for pets is the type of thing i'm after...

..but i need it to work like a compressed line and not like my missus hair dryer!

I use a leaf blower (without the bag attachment) to get rid of the majority of water.
Although I have been thinking of buying one of these so that I can get rid of the water when washing my motorbikes. Just the price puts me off..

Atom_Motorcycle_Dryer_p.jpg

Atom Motorcycle and Motorbike Dryer | FREE UK DELIVERY OFFER @ Performance Motorcare Products Ltd

That "Motorbike dryer" is actually a dog blaster IMO. This is the one we have:

Aeolus Ultra Blaster TD901t

Yep both are pretty much the same thing.

The Atom one has good reviews..

Second that for the dog blower. I use Aeolus dog blower for the last 4 years. Wasn't cheap at around £400.00 but has never broke and have dryers hundreds of cars with it:)

If you have a cylinder type vacuum cleaner shove the pipe in the blow end, would that do.

It will blow, but a blaster pushes out more air at higher velocity (and can warm the air too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom