Air compressor for drying a car..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
Can anyone find or look for a decent portable air compressor?

Although these things are multipurpose i would use it to dry the car.

My local car wash place has this high pressure air line which is used to blast out water from all the nooks and cannies. But i think its one of those big Taskmaster cylinders. Thats too big for me. Wondering if there is smaller alternatives? Also the nozzle needs to have attachment bits in order to blast off larger areas.

Unbelivable how much water there is hidden away.

I also feel this is a better method than using cloths to dry adding more swirls?

I recal a detailer on here using a compressor used for drying dogs but cant find the thread! He said it was really good!

cheers

Bill.

duplicate please delete

Yup, it's a duplicate

I use a KFC straw (better than the McD's version as stiffer side wall) :thumb:

Bear in mind that the air from most compressors is very damp. Water condenses inside the tank when the air is compressed

Nick Froome

Like Dieselman I also will confess to using a garden leaf blower - can also be used for blowing leafs (petrol of course). Does the job a treat.

I personally prefer using compressors, although to be fair I don't have that much experience with blowers.
You can put in line filters on compressors to make the air cleaner (especially to catch moisture) and they don't cost much. I also think compressors are invaluable for blowing dirt out of hard to access areas iin interiors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom