Air con decontamination

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shorif2000

Car
w220 s500L
I have a 53 plate s class and need to decontaminate the air con. Can anyone tell me reliable place where i can get this done
Im based in harrow london.

I’ve used the little cans of stuff you trigger and leave in the car with the AC on full blast recirc. They worked a treat to get rid of musty smell.

No, the cans really do clear out the bacteria. Clean filters hep too. Follow the instructions and your a/c should be way fresher.

As above

About to do all three of ours as they've been in full use the last month with the 'air con bombs'
I do them every other year just for good practice

Isnt that a temp fix

It isn't just an air freshener, it's a biocide, it sterilises bacteria and mould. Hence, the smell goes away.

It's no more temporary than a brand new car that doesn't have any living mould or bacteria in its HVAC system.

I always use the air bomb and to ensure all the vents get treated properly I use a product in an aerosol which has a long tube which is fed deep into all the vents and applied.
Take the pollen filter out when doing the treatment and once treated refit a new good quality carbon one.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019VBV77S/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

I'm not sure what you guys mean by decontamination but if your evaporator is dirty, remove the cabin filter and spray a/c coil cleaner and wish it through
If you're getting a must smell in the vents, get 2 cans of lysol disinfectant spray and dump it onto the evaporator with the cabin filter removed with the a/c on full blast. It should flow through the vents

Good luck

I used the spray from halfords. Called Tps or something. Hopefully it dont smell anymore. Replacing cabon filters seems like a bit of work. Ill do that next of it didnt help. Thanks

I’ve used the Autoglym kit a few times with good results.

Not sure about the S class but generally cabin filters are nearly always (in my experience) very easy to access and cheap to buy.
They are often overlooked during DIY servicing and shockingly filthy and blocked (inefficient) as a result. I have used the 'Halfords' air con refresher aerosol before with acceptable results. Good luck.

generally cabin filters are nearly always (in my experience) very easy to access and cheap to buy.
Around £65 for my SL.

Which pollen filter should i get from euro carparts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180707-124242_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180707-124242_Chrome.jpg
    754.7 KB · Views: 11
Is cabin filter pollen filter same? I just looked in my glove and its dirty like hell

I think i will get this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180707-124835_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180707-124835_Chrome.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 8
Pollen and cabin filter are the same thing.

One word is what it’s designed to filter out, and the other is it’s location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom