Air Con Delayed Switch Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

msb

I noticed that after I swithed my air con off it continued to blow cold air. Thought it was a fault, but then looking in the manual it seems that there is a delayed switch of feature. Does any one know what this is about, and why it exists at all, and how long is the delay before it finally goes off?

No, but I only noticed the other day (after 2 yrs) mine does that too. Once the a/c went off, the car almost instantly misted up.

I know a/c systems go through some sort of de-icing cycle - maybe it's related to that, and it can't be stopped mid-cycle?

I noticed that after I swithed my air con off it continued to blow cold air. Thought it was a fault, but then looking in the manual it seems that there is a delayed switch of feature. Does any one know what this is about, and why it exists at all, and how long is the delay before it finally goes off?

I've noticed this prob on a W211 E CLass. Takes about 20 mintues or so.

I would say its a fault, rather than a delay.

Thanks both.

I am pretty sure its not a fault, as it is definatalye described as delayed switch off in the handbook. Just dont know why its there, none of my previous cars (not MBs) with air con have had it?

Have you asked MB?

I imagine its to avoid rapid switching of the a/c compressor. The system has a relatively large hystersis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom