Air con diagram/help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lordlee

Car
A207 E350 CDI Brabus D6
We’ve recently had the air con light go off. It’s always on auto so it’s not through lack of use. Anyway I took it to a garage and they said it’s holding pressure just fine so it may either be the compressor or the pressure switch. I have a pressure switch to fit but wondered if anyone has a diagram with it’s location on please? Or is there something else we should be considering?
Car is an A207 E350 pre-facelift

The pressure switch is underneath the car and accessed by way of undertray removal. Easy to get off and easy to change but it did degas the whole system which is a pain. Regas booked in for Friday so I really hope this fixes it.

Shame,
I beleive you can get it degassed, worked on and then regassed.
My local depot say they will do this for free, although it maybe the gas that's free as it's re used??

Shame,
I beleive you can get it degassed, worked on and then regassed.
My local depot say they will do this for free, although it maybe the gas that's free as it's re used??

I guess so but the labour for the switch would be over £50 and the regas is only £37.50 so its not so bad.

As said free might not mean totally free,
but you might have degassed,
replaced switch, and returned for regas.

There is a worry around the gas destroying the ozone, the Patagonian sheep are reported to be affected.
But of the millions of cars full of 134a it's a certainty that a good few hundred thousand will develop a leak and lose their gas.
Anyway, done now, but the info may be of purpose to some one else.

Hope it all works well when pumped up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom