Air Con/electric Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASIM

Here goes. A few months ago i noticed the passenger side of my 2001 W220 was wet - floor was soaked through and there was some water leaking through from where the glovebox was (had been raining the night before). After a couple of trips to different dealers it turned out that the drain plugs were blocked due to dirt leaves etc - had them unblocked and I drained any excess water from the car by untightening the rubber bolts that run along the length of the underneath of the car. The floors were still fairly wet but due to the foam which is in the footwells soaking up most of the moisture and which i could not get rid of. Eventually the passenger side has dried out. The alarm was also going off at random times but that appears to have corrected itself too (don't know if it was linked to the water?)

However since that problem went away i now have no aircon. The EC light stay slit, i can vary the controls as much as i like but the blower does not work and the temperature does not alter - it's getting a bit frustrating with winter coming as in the mornings the inside of the car can be all steamed up and i need to use a towel to get rid of - not exactly what you want to be doing sat in an s class. Other controls on the centre console have stopped working such as the back headrest drop and central locking (central locking also doesnt work anyway with the remote). OTher controls such as ESP and the COMAND unit work perfectly fine. I've also got the SRS light on permanently.

IN addition ive changed the air filters changed a few times but the car continues to blow out heavy black smoke whenever i try and pull away sharpish at roundabouts etc and when i say heavy it's really heavy.

Cany anyone please please help - at my wits end and although its a great car it's leading me to the verge of a breakdown and costing me an arm and a leg!!!:(

Here goes. A few months ago i noticed the passenger side of my 2001 W220 was wet - floor was soaked through and there was some water leaking through from where the glovebox was (had been raining the night before). After a couple of trips to different dealers it turned out that the drain plugs were blocked due to dirt leaves etc - had them unblocked and I drained any excess water from the car by untightening the rubber bolts that run along the length of the underneath of the car. The floors were still fairly wet but due to the foam which is in the footwells soaking up most of the moisture and which i could not get rid of. Eventually the passenger side has dried out. The alarm was also going off at random times but that appears to have corrected itself too (don't know if it was linked to the water?)

However since that problem went away i now have no aircon. The EC light stay slit, i can vary the controls as much as i like but the blower does not work and the temperature does not alter - it's getting a bit frustrating with winter coming as in the mornings the inside of the car can be all steamed up and i need to use a towel to get rid of - not exactly what you want to be doing sat in an s class. Other controls on the centre console have stopped working such as the back headrest drop and central locking (central locking also doesnt work anyway with the remote). OTher controls such as ESP and the COMAND unit work perfectly fine. I've also got the SRS light on permanently.

IN addition ive changed the air filters changed a few times but the car continues to blow out heavy black smoke whenever i try and pull away sharpish at roundabouts etc and when i say heavy it's really heavy.

Cany anyone please please help - at my wits end and although its a great car it's leading me to the verge of a breakdown and costing me an arm and a leg!!!:(
hi did you get a answer to this my ec light is on and wont go off no fan working and stuck in gear

The temperature sensor for the refrigerant leaks moisture so that incorrect values are given-- replace sensor

Other than that there could be evaporator sensor could be leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom