Air Con GAS 2002 MB E220 CDi estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

misterbee

Car
2002 E220 CDi "ELEGANCE" Estate
Hi, anyone know the type of refrigerant gas in AC on my car please..(no manual) R134A or R1234YF are the only 2 options , i am guessing? regards, Brian Hammonds.

Dont mess with AC gas unless you are trained to do so, not worth the risk.

Look up AC refrigerant burns, also you need to test if there are any leaks before re-filling or you could be venting refrigerant into the atmosphere

Hi, I wasnt intending to D.I.Y, , thanks for the tip though.. a deal is being offered by a website , half price via ATS, looking at their website though , the refrigerant gas they change has to be R134A. , just wondered if anyone knew what type the older Mercs used, Brian.

Hi, I wasnt intending to D.I.Y, , thanks for the tip though.. a deal is being offered by a website , half price via ATS, looking at their website though , the refrigerant gas they change has to be R134A. , just wondered if anyone knew what type the older Mercs used, Brian.

r134a will be fine

source: DIY Mercedes A/C Air Conditioner Recharge - Easy Steps

p.s how much is the quoted price & where are you based?

Abs

Last edited:
Must be this one below...The reason they specify the refrigerant is because (some) newer cars use a much more expensive version and they could never do it in this price. Most cars >5 years should be fine.

aircon-offer-may17-hp.png

Kwik Fit every so often have an offer on . In any case they will run a vacuum check to see if any leaks exist , and won't fill if not safe to do so .

If they can't reduce temp by 10 deg , you don't pay , and if it fails again within 30 days you get your money back .

The older cars used R12.
Which is no longer available,
Cars using this now must be converted to R134

There should be a sticker under the bonnet specifying the correct refrigerant, which will be R134a.

2002 will be r134a

Very few r12 cars around now and 99.9% would have already been converted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom