Air con issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alanlaing

Car
SLK55 AMG
took my SLK out today for a 4 hour drive, it’s the longest I’ve been in it this year, anyway after about 3 hours or so the air con seemed to stop blowing any air out the vents at all despite trying all the settings available. After a 15 minute stop all was well again and it’s blowing strong and cold, a bit bizarre really. Any clues anybody ?

Low on gas perhaps ? When the gas gets low the compressor will shut down to protect itself from damage. Why it should come back on I don't know, star session should tell you what has gone on.

This subject come up every summer. Sorry can't help with your problem. Take the car to an aircon fixer and they will all the
necessary equipment to recharge/fix the aircon.
Once you do get the aircon fixed have it on all the time, summer and winter.
My 16 year old CLK aircon has never been touched, had gas pressure tested a few times

Try and find a car aircon company near you,they will be the experts,and be able to sort your car out,I know it is easier to find a local garage who will hook up the machine with a trainee on it for £50 but believe me you will do better to find a company that only deals with aircon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom