Air Con Leak? 2013 C180

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rpsamme

Car
2013 Mercedes C180
New to forum and apologies if I have posted in wrong place. Car has recently been in dealership to get a valve changed on air conditioner and have just noticed there seems to be a leak. I thought it may be condensation but the liquid is not evaporating on floor. I have attached some photos and any guidance would be appreciated before I take it back to dealer. The leak is at front left of car just behind fan, and don't want to take it to Mercedes if it not related to the work they have done as they charge £110 per hour.20220724_103446.jpg20220724_103517.jpg

The AC system uses a gas, it would not cause drips on to the floor.

The AC system does use a special oil. Is your AC working properly. If not then why not go back to the dealer who worked on the car if this problem only aroose after the work?

For the record £110 per hour from a Mercedes dealer is quite low 👍

The AC system uses a gas, it would not cause drips on to the floor.

The AC system does use a special oil. Is your AC working properly. If not then why not go back to the dealer who worked on the car if this problem only aroose after the work?

For the record £110 per hour from a Mercedes dealer is quite low 👍
Thanks do A\Cs not have compression oil? This has only occurred since I had the valve changed and re-gassed so was wondering if it was something to do with that, in that case I would take back to dealer

The A/C cools and dries the air (hence the ‘conditioning’)

so it can be completely normal for the moisture taken out to drain and leave a little puddle under the car.
I don’t know where the drain hose runs on your model, but ask around - it could be that.

If you did have a leak of the gas (and the lube oil - and UV dye if they put it in) your a/c would stop working fairly quickly as it will shut down for low pressure.

UV dye is often loaded in so if you do get a leak it is quickly traced with a black light lamp.

maybe ask the garage that fixed it weather they loaded UV dye?

if system is operating it’s probably just the normal drainage.

The A/C cools and dries the air (hence the ‘conditioning’)

so it can be completely normal for the moisture taken out to drain and leave a little puddle under the car.
I don’t know where the drain hose runs on your model, but ask around - it could be that.

If you did have a leak of the gas (and the lube oil - and UV dye if they put it in) your a/c would stop working fairly quickly as it will shut down for low pressure.

UV dye is often loaded in so if you do get a leak it is quickly traced with a black light lamp.

maybe ask the garage that fixed it weather they loaded UV dye?

if system is operating it’s probably just the normal drainage.
Thanks Aircon seem to be fine and the liquid is clear but I thought if it was normal condensation it would evaporate from floor quite quickly? Will get it booked in to get looked at

Thanks do A\Cs not have compression oil? This has only occurred since I had the valve changed and re-gassed so was wondering if it was something to do with that, in that case I would take back to dealer
I did mention that the systems use oil so yes it could be that.

As the system was worked on prior to the problem it needs to go back to the place where the work took place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom