Air con on the blink again.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulmb

Car
1999 C200 Sport, 2004 C230 Kompressor
has anyone got a wiring diagram of the complete air con system for a c200 sport 1999?

my air con comes on and off intermitently......

the clutch kicked in every day for the last 10 days and yesterday, it stopped working........prior to the 10 days, it did'nt work for 3 days........:confused:

i have a feeling that the 12v supply to the clutch has a break in it somewhere and i want to bypass the original supply wire and feed a new 12v straight to the clutch................i want to make sure that i don't miss out any other important connections on the way.......

i don't know when the pollen filter was last changed....would this have anything to do with it......is it cutting it out as a safety feature?

the coolant temp sensor has been changed and it has been regassed with dye in it..........checked with uv glasses, no leak anywhere...........got to be an electrical fault....:(

can anyone tell me if it might be my heater blower unit under the dash?

when i switch the a/c on, the clutch in the centre of the compressor does'nt spin..........:confused:

paulmb said:
can anyone tell me if it might be my heater blower unit under the dash?

when i switch the a/c on, the clutch in the centre of the compressor does'nt spin..........:confused:
It won't engage the compressor if there is a fault or if there is low pressure.

Did you have a leak repaired recently?

shude, thanks mate....its got no leaks....had the car for 4 years and never had a leak repaired...

paulmb said:
shude, thanks mate....its got no leaks....had the car for 4 years and never had a leak repaired...
Why did you have it re-gassed? :)

If you've had it 4 years and not changed or at least had a go at cleaning the pollen filter, i'd give that a go - it might be clogged so badly it's strangled...

had it regassed because the gas has to be taken out to replace the coolant pressure switch . So had to have it regassed.

will check the pollen filter, but it was changed by stealership 2 years ago.
the odd thing is that it will work for a few days and then decide to stop?!?!?!?!?!?

a couple of days later it will fire up again......wierd!!!!!!!!

btw graham, have you seen the pic of the exhaust in the members gallery....looks sweet....

back to the a/c.........what to do?!?!?!?!?!:confused:

paulmb said:
would this cause the cpmpressor to cut out?
No, it would just cause the vent output to appear weak.

I would check again for leaks! try pulling the condensor away from the radiator and looking between the two right down the bottom, a leak is the most likely cause of the problem. Why did you have the switch changed? I take it you mean the one on th receiver drier? ( which is a pressure switch, this switches the compressor off if it sees too high or too low gas press. also switches the cooling fans on at a certain press.)

yes the one on the receiver dryer was changed as it was faulty (checked on the diagnostics).

how easy is it to pull the condensor away from the fan?

why would the a/c work for ten days and then cut out if there was a leak?
surely it just would not swiitch on at all?!?!?!?!??!!?

would that cause it to work sometimes?

:eek: ehm I don't want to be tactless but have you checked for some fuse out of order?:)

...I remember when I was a young boy: my best friend dismount his scooter(I mean spark plug, carburettor,...) due to a fault and than he recognized only a burned fuse:D

Marco:)

thanks 1998k....checked all the fuses......not sure if a relay is to be checked?

mmh sorry but I'm not so informed about this, I'll search for my Haynes Manual if they say something,...now the problem is to find where is that book!

Hope I'll find!

Marco

paulmb said:
would that cause it to work sometimes?

Well if the compressor runs from the fanbelt, and the belt is slipping, I would imagine it wouldn't like that too much.

Worth a punt, run the engine and see how flappy the belt is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom