Air con performance in this heat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uumode

MB Enthusiast
Car
C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
Air con in my older cars ranged from icy cold to cold. My 2015 C Class is simply 'cool' presumably due to lower performing greener gases.

Noticed in a range of brand new BMWs too the air con is simply 'cool' rather than cold.

Also just noticed the new air con tech in the new E Class which operates at 10 times the pressure of current systems using CO2 :crazy:
https://www.racplus.com/news/daimle...rom-next-year-picture-special/8691024.article

“Thanks to their especially quickly available and high cooling performance, CO2 air conditioning systems swiftly provide for a pleasant feelgood climate inside vehicles even in very hot weather......

Daimler said that the use of CO2 required extensive component redesign to accommodate a pressure of more than 100 bar – ten times higher than conventional AC systems.”

currently in Provence (South East France) with our 56k miles 1995 sl320 where we are spending a month...and temperatures well into the late 30s each and every day...blistering heat...in the last 1500 miles the car has been utterly faultless and the aircon , which is amazingly effective, certainly better than my BMW 6 series, has been vital...

The aircon on our old 124 is much more effective than that in any of our more modern cars. Perhaps one of the benefits of a big old inefficient engine.

My 2000 W210's air con is ice cool, I have to turn the fan down after a bit

My 2000 W210's air con is ice cool, I have to turn the fan down after a bit
Same in my 211, fingers get cold on steering wheel so click it up a notch or two...

Press the recycle button for proper cold air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom