Air Con Re Gas - I had to laugh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbjeppm

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E Coupe 350cdi, W166 ML 250 Cdi Sport, R171 SLK 350, Suzuki V Strom DL650
I took the W208 in for MOT today, the EC light (on the Climate control panel) has been on for a while, and I knew the Air Con most likely needed a regas.

So i took it to my local Good Garage Guide garage who do MOT's to have the work done, as I did not really feel the trip down to Olly in Horndean was worth it just for this. (Sorry Olly).

Went to pick the car up to be told that the system was regassed, and it had been almost empty, but there is an electrical fault , and it is still not working, and that the technician gave it a full test.

Paid the bill muttering under my breath, as they did what I asked, got in the car, and saw that the EC light was still on, I thought i might as well press it anyway, just to prove that it would still not go out.

The light went out and AC working, sweet as a nut:D

So I was happy, but it made me realise that garages who deal with all makes of car, cannot really be expected to know the nuances of all systems on all cars.:crazy:

Must admit that I initially found it strange that the light being on means that the air-con is off. On every other car I've owned with air-con it has been the opposite way.

Depends on the model with MB. On our CLK 209 light off means AC on. With the SLK 171 its the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom