Air Con ReGas @ Kwik Fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ucr

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
Anyone had a regas @ Kwik -Fit

What,s it like ?

How much ?

Not sure of the cost, but dont let your motor out of your sight when they do it, you KNOW you'll come back to find that they just HAD to fit new brake disc's:D

They used to do a deal for an aircon regas for £45 and if it didn't show a more than 10% improvement you didn't pay. This was a good cheap way to find out if the system leaked.

Did they do that to you???If so,you better tell me you nicked them :D:D

No, to my Mother.

She went in for a new exhuast mid section and left it to go shopping, returned to find whole new system and new brake pads!!!!

The pads were changed only 5k miles before on a full service and the pipe was fine.

She paid up as she trusted them:mad:

got my c36 regassed there, discussed many times, try a search, they are ok

I've used them, but then my regular garage dropped his price to match so I've used them since. Looking at how it all works (they stick some numbers into a machine then walk away for an hour) I can't see how as long as they enter the right numbers they can go wrong.

Hi,
I tried to use them to do my C43's Climate control, it might be true about the machine and that all they need to do is enter a few numbers according to your car, but the machine did,nt even list my car, so they never even got further than putting the hoses on.

Not sure of the cost, but dont let your motor out of your sight when they do it, you KNOW you'll come back to find that they just HAD to fit new brake disc's:D

We put our Audi into a garage last year for a new oil pressure switch, and they 'accidentally' did a cam belt change (a big job on an A4) and fitted a new water pump!

They used to do a deal for an aircon regas for £45 and if it didn't show a more than 10% improvement you didn't pay. This was a good cheap way to find out if the system leaked.

Yup, they did a regas / lube / pressure test on our Audi's aircon and we didn't pay a thing because the temp. drop wasn't big enough. Cheap way to confirm a compressor problem ;)

Two experiences with KwikFit (both other family members)

1. Aircon regassed, can't remember cost, anyway, could not get it colder by10% so got it free, turned out to be a fuse so regassed for FREE :)

2. Bro's ex Range Rover they did a deal on oil change for £29. All booked in, when he picked it up, they said you got a bargain there, they didn't realise how much oil it took - 10 litres, bargain! :D

Checked yesterday - Aircon Regas at Kwickfit - £29.50 but will be going up in summer.

Last KwikFit experience I had, was my last.

Took a Ford Mondeo ST200 in for two new front tyres. Somehow, they fitted the correct size on the offside, but a tyre a couple of sizes two big on the near side (can't remember exact, but I think it was 19's and 255 instead of 17s and 215). Anyway, I didn't notice at time of fitting, and paid up as you do.

Drove the car 5 miles down the road, and going around a roundabout, felt like I had a flat. Pulled over only to find (the larger) tyre had come off the rim.

Called up KwikFit who said "yeah - Its perfectly fine for us to fit larger tyres, its no problem". Uh, well, obviously it IS a problem, because its just come off the rim! lol

Then KwikFit blamed a tyre manufacturing defect, to which Pirelli went a bit mental on them. In the end, out of court settlement from KwikFit, and one customer never to return; no matter how good the deal.

guys, lets keep to the topic, its about regassing at kwik fit, which all in all is pretty good not a general kwik fit flame thread!

Yup. I wouldn't let them near my wheels/tyres, but for aircon they are fine. Most garages use the same type of machine they do - it's all automated.

Last aircon service on the SL was completely free of charge, courtesy of my local main dealer :)

Kwik fit in Temple Fortune regassed my clk's AC last summer, absolutely no issues at all with them. Although after they informed me that the machines printer has run out of paper so they could not verify any improvement, reported this via the contact form on their website & was issued a full refund...

Re-gassed my wife's Cr-v last year - no problems...:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom