Air con smell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
If the A/C drains are blocked you're only masking the symptoms. The real cure is to get underneath and unblock the drain tube(s).

i don't think its the tubes, its just the normal smell that you get caused by damp pipe work & bacteria.

Get the cabin filter replaced, and then run the heather on full-heat / full-blower for a while.

This seems to work better for me than the various aircon spray cans that I tired so far - the spray cans really only mask the problem with strong scent, and the dump smell comes back after a couple of weeks.

I ve had the same problem too and I thought it might come from the battery ? but having read this I shall try and locate the drain pipes!
Thanks for the advice.

I have had this rancid stink on my first Merc and second Merc (also my current). Never had it once on my last four Scoobies - disappointing really. Not even the two ****ty decrepit 12 year old Fords that I have had suffered from this...

Hmm, mine is the first car I've had with stinky AC.

My inde chucked in an 'air con bomb' and it has been fine ever since.

I tried the air con cleaner you can get in Halfords (forgot what it's called) on both the mercs, lasted a few weeks then stank again. It's very embarrassing too.

That offer is just for a check. MB charge a ridiculous amount for re-charge and system clean.

The ones you get a long tube with so you can get to hidden parts are better. As advised above change pollen filter too after cleaning the system.

Last edited:
Read the small print
"Air Conditioning Service includes, check operation of system, visual inspection of system hoses, belts, condenser, compressor, fan, check operation of internal system controls, re-gas of system with oil (providing there are no evident leaks, if a leak is detected we will call you to discuss repair options)."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom