Air con

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amolak

Car
B200Turbo & V350
Hi,
What is the correct way to activate the air con.
Is it to press the "EC" button and turn the temp dials to blue?

As I don't have the manual yet, I'm not totally sure.

Also I've got heated seats, the button has two settings, If I press it up, one LED lights, If I press it down 2 LED's light up on the switch.
Is this for extra heat, or does it mean that the rear seats are heated too?

Cheers

Amo
1998 S280 W140 UK

Don't know about heated seats, by EC is for Economy mode (ie no aircon).

By default your aircon is on as soon as you set the blower to any setting higher than just the fan.

How do you mean just fan?.
I only have two temp dials, auto switches,3way setting and a fan switch with 5 settings.

pls help

thank

Amo

Originally posted by amolak
How do you mean just fan?.
I only have two temp dials, auto switches,3way setting and a fan switch with 5 settings.

pls help

thank

Amo

The fan switch with 5 settings, if like mine can either be set to OFF, Fan, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.

As long as you have on 1 or higher, the aircon is on.

The heated seats will just be the front.

The switches have two settings hi and low.

Press the bottom of them and hi comes on and stays on for 10 min then it goes to low for the remaining 20 min before they switch themselves off.

If you just press the top it goes onto low for 30 min . To switch them off press the switch till the lights go out.

THanks for the seat reply

Back to .
Air Con -
So to activate heat is this correct

Press EC (to turn of AC)
Have the blower on to 1-5
And put the temp reading from 22-30 degress

Is this correct?

ta

Amo

Yes, but no need to deactivate aircon, unless you want to.

Aircon operates for hot and cold you will find it dehumidifies (spelling?) the air and demists quicker.

I leave my AC on all the time.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
I leave my AC on all the time.
Excellent advice. You are better off leaving the aircon turned on all the time, people who turn it off except for 2 weeks per year might think they are saving fuel doing so, but if 3 years later the compressor packs up because a motor siezes due to lack-of-use or something and it costs about a grand to replace it then it's kind of a false economy!

If your switches are the same as the e Class (W210), then aircon is OFF if the EC light is ON. As said before, it only works when the fan is at position 1 or greater.

Shude's right re the aircon. I switch mine on at least once a week to prevent fouling up. Hopefully, if the weather stays as it is, the aircon will be on all the time (dark interiors, don't you just love them?)

I have never noticed any performance or fuel ecomony difference either with the aircon all the time or off.

That's on the C200, C230K and the Wife's 1.25L Fiesta!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom