Air conditioning 'click'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris_C32

Car
C32 AMG
I'm looking for some advice on a 'click' that I have started to hear when I switch the ignition on.

From inside the car it sounds like it's coming from behind the passenger side fascia/glove compartment. It only happens when you first switch on the ignition - it clicks about 6 or 7 times, then you don't hear it again. I opened the bonnet to see where it's coming from and it appears to come from where the air conditioning 'black box' close to the bulkhead on the nearside.

I haven't investigated this any further yet, so can't add any more detail.

One thing. While the key is in the ignition, the 'clicks' won't be heard again... even if the engine is stopped and then re-started - even if the key is turned fully to 'off'. It's only once the key's been removed completely and you re-insert it that the click starts.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Chris

Search for "stepper motor". Sadly a common problem and an expensive dash-out job.

just had this fixed on my car . cost the warranty company £750 . mercedes allow 8 hours labour to do this job . if it does not bother you i would leave it

Thanks for the advice. It's a bit of an irritation... but I'm not sure it bothers me to the tune of £750.
Chris

Thanks. I'll do a search for that and see what I can learn.
From the reply I got from Matty.13 it sounds like a fairly expensive fix.
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom