Air conditioning problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alanlaing

Car
SLK55 AMG
I have a 2012 plate SLK 55AMG, I bought it a couple of months ago and last year the air-conditioning condenser was replaced and it was re-gassed. Before I bought it from the garage they also re-gassed the system. It is now only blowing out slightly cool air. When you first start the air-conditioning it makes a gurgling whooshing noise which sounds odd. I do have a warranty with the vehicle but just after any pointers on here first if anyone has similar issues.

Gurgling / whooshing noises happen when it's low on gas.

As above.either not regassed properly after condenser or you have another slow leak. Probably from a union o ring.

Out of interest how many miles has your covered? I also bought one in Feb, have really not noticed the aircon temperature as have never drive it too much with the hood up and the temperature set below 21 since I have had it. Just wondering if they generally suffer much from condenser problems , luckily mine still only on 21600 miles so should be ok, will give it a try set at max cold next trip out to confirm working ok as it is under MB T1 warranty until Feb 21

Thanks, will keep an eye on mine as yours is also quite low mileage. Hope you're enjoying your new acquisition, loving mine

Car went to the MB centre in Nottingham today. No leaks and the gas was ok. The problem was the motor flaps. Basically they were all over the place so the air was chilled but not getting to the cabin correctly. All seems fine now

MB centre, Nottingham. It’s on little tennis street

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom