Air Conditioning Smells A Bit Strange

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

When I first turn the Air Con on, it emits a rather unpleasant smell at first.

The best way to describe the smell is you know when you were younger and you'd go to see a really old relative, well it's that smell...;)

Will it be the Pollen filters?

When I first turn the Air Con on, it emits a rather unpleasant smell at first.

The best way to describe the smell is you know when you were younger and you'd go to see a really old relative, well it's that smell...;)

Will it be the Pollen filters?

You need a can of THIS it's bacteria and mould in the air con system causing the exact smell you describe. There can also be virus's lurking in there so not good for your health. I'd run a can of cleaner through ASAP :thumb:

Get something like the above, (ECP sell them and you get 25% off) but also use something like this AIRCO-BREEZE CAR AIR CON DEODORISING SANITIZER | eBay

I used to use the air con bombs but it would always come back after while so I got the above. Spraying it direct into the vents and intake etc makes a huge difference.

Hi I also have a couple of Triumph TR's and was over in Lincoln picking up some bits from Rimmers the other day. They have a deal at the moment, £3.50 a can + p/p, to shift some stock
Air Con Cleaner - 500ml Aerosol at www.rimmerbros.co.uk
Note they also sell spares for Land rovers etc that have air con as TR's do not! My air con always seem to smell in Spring and Autumn for some reason?
Don

I also had a nasty smell coming from my W140 air con, I changed the filters + used air con cleaner, seems to have done the trick!

No mention here about the drain pipe being blocked ? from the evaporator/ heater area ? I had this smell. i used spray stuff, it didn't really work. neither did the air con but the smell went away by itself after a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom